• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring creek 8-14?

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
Tossing some new parts on the jeep this next week I want to test em out. Thinking spring creek since it'll be close. Be me and possibly two other rigs. Anyone else interested

Would love to but ...I need to do drive shafts and get my full hyrdo installed...and gas tank moved ...a bunch of finish cosmetic work to make it pretty so I can ugly it up again on the rocks then it will be ready , so maybe October ...I want to get it ready b4 snow hits Holycross so I can tame Cleveland rock .

I'll be up there early. I'll be sorting out a time with the others either today or tomorrow.

trail head at 8, dam that's early!! In4aride, wanna meet up and carpool for the way up there? I have only been there once before and I get lost easily haha

We're trying to beat traffic. And know that saying that means everyone will be there 9. Lol.

Sure. I'll be coming from aurora.
Only been twice myself so be a group effort. Lol.

How was it? Heard it was a bit sloppy?

We are thinking trailhead at 8 for those interested.

It wasn't bad at all. Depended on how much rain comes through the night before.

It was somewhat dry the night before we went up. But that still left us tracking up damp sand onto the first obstacle which didn't help with traction. Still, no one in our group had to strap or winch. Just straddle the V notch to the left and cut it right towards the top and you can make it right up.

Oh, and be sure to air your tires down more than I did. I tried going up the middle with way too much air in my tires and didn't get any traction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEULTQ-3Nu8

Yeah, I aired down to 15 or so before leaving camp in Empire. Drove all the way to the trail head. Double checked the pressure later in the day and it was up to 18. Definitely should have checked pressure when I got to the obstacle.

Just gonna drive. Need to get the cooling system and hydro a work out. Make sure everything is good.
Yeah we can do that. What time would work for ya.

well it looks like i will have to pass on this one. hardly got anything done today that i needed to get done, so my sunday funday will now be my sunday work day :( You guys have fun!

Back