• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: Ford 9" with discs

desertfox1023

NAXJA Forum User
I've decided to sell my Ford 9" that I was going to put in the XJ. It came out of a Lincoln mark 5, around a 77 year model. It's a big bearing, 31 spline, Disc brakes, 2.50 gear, stock open carrier, and 5X5 bolt patten. It is one of the shortest 9" there is. It's actual a little shorter than a D35c but I can't remember the actually measurements on it. If interested send me some offers. Located in Charlotte / Graham, NC.

thum_423048c2037cd48c7.jpg

Responded with email
Is it this 9"?

63-77 Lincoln, LTD, Thunderbirds had 9.375 inch centers, housings were cut away at the gasket surface for ring gear clearance, one curved rib at the front top portion of differential, strong but no gears

Is it this 9"?

63-77 Lincoln, LTD, Thunderbirds had 9.375 inch centers, housings were cut away at the gasket surface for ring gear clearance, one curved rib at the front top portion of differential, strong but no gears

No, mine is a true 9". It's not one of those 8" hybrid axles or 9.375" center housing packed inside one.

It is a true 9" ring gear, with factory disc brakes, 31 spline shafts, big bearing, and a 5x5 bolt pattern.

I've had some questions about parting the axle up. Sorry but I'm not willing to split the discs up and sell them separate from the axle it's self. I am willing to sell the 2.50 gear set and open carrier if any one is interested in them by themselves just make an offer.

Back