• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grin's Dakota QuadCab

pulling it home from work to the driveway tonight -- I need to get the add-a-leafs in the Dakota to match the 1.5" front lift... it currently is accentuating my prerunner stance. That isn't spring droop in the pic, just lack of rear lift.

b7c18ad5-7d52-4c23-bc26-8aa658659ac6_zpse91ycyvc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tranny still isn't right, so I had a sensor fest today -- swapped out the TPS, as well as both the input and output speed sensors on the 545rfe. Better, though still with some wierd, rough shifts. TPS, tranny sensors were too hidden for photos:

changed the oil and finally got around to putting my add-a-leafs in the rear. no more stink bug:

Yeah, if the engine and tranny will hold on for a while, it'll be all good. We'll see how towing to Leadville over the 4th goes.

Wish the 5.9 had a quick trans upgrade like the 4.7. Oh well.
Debating on what to do, if anything to the Durango, keep looking over your thread for ideas lol.

i drove quite a few Daks prior to buying, and honestly didn't feel like the 5.9 had any significant pull over the 4.7's, little more on the low end, but once the 4.7 gets revving, it pulls. I don't think there is much you can do to the 4-spd tranny behind the 5.9, same unit that is in the 5.2 zj's I think.

I went with the Durango simply for interior room for dog and work supplies. Plus I get slightly better fuel out of the 5.9 than I did the 5.2 grands.

Fuel economy was my primary reason for focusing on the 4.7. I'm getting 18 mpg in mixed driving, right around 20 on the highway. The low end torque in the 5.9 makes it a hog on the juice!

That's where I'm at. I'm currently averaging about 18.8-19.0 for mixed, mostly highway, driving.

In town with douche drivers single digits are frequent.

You're driving like a grandma to squeeze that out of a 5.9!

Stays under 75 for sure. Trying to drive smart like in my work truck. Seems to pan out. Hell, was squeezing 42-43 out of the d15 Honda :D

I used mid-90's honda hatchbacks as my go-to disposable commuter cars when I was in law school -- always got 40ish in them. Awesome little cars.

I finally became exhausted with the electrical gremlins - replaced the PCM last week and the dash still looked like a christmas tree when I traded it in this morning, not including the 7 different CE codes it was throwing...

Its' TACO TUESDAY!

9BE79F17-B602-4F91-B2A3-0D6ADFBEEAB2_5.jpg

It's pretty plush.

Compared to the standard dealers they were a dream to work with (pun intended). It isn't perfect, but I got a good deal, and nothing major that I could find. Clean mostly local car fax. Never know with a used vehicle, but no obvious issues.

Back