• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I really sold out this time

:thumbup: They say geniuses pick green.

I'll just have to be extra careful wen crawling the mall. :D

This morning I got my Rampage cargo basket installed. I went with the Rampage for 2 reasons. 1) It was the cheapest one 2) It actually hinges up to allow better access to stuff underneath. Easy to install and should work well. My only issue is that the sub box is in the way of where the passenger side latch/rest bracket goes. I'm just running the one on the driver side and it stays latched fine, its also rattle free, so I'll see how it goes. Biggest thing I'm worried about is the sub box cracking from the weight once its loaded up, but besides my cooler the only thing going up there is clothing bags when we go camping. Everything else will fit underneath.

null_zps7c72cc3e.jpg

null_zps72e22805.jpg

I also got the TNT Aluminum belly skid system installed. Again, for the most part the install was pretty easy. My only real complaint is the very rear mounting points for the fuel tank skid. They have you drill holes into the stock skid and then bolt the two together. The problem is there is a fair amount of space between the sides of the two skids, and the holes in the aluminum skid are way oversized for the hardware they give you. I had to get a bit creative back there with some old shock stem bushings and fender washers.

null_zpsc1823df5.jpg

Here you can see the rubber bushing I placed between the two skids. The bolt was a 3/8 Grade 8 I had lying around. There is a washer and nylock nut on the other side of the stock steel skid.
null_zpsab48a890.jpg

And here is the big fender washer I had in a bin. I think its left over from an old VW, or maybe my 92 XJ. I'm not sure anymore. On the other side I didn't need the rubber bushing, but I did need the big fender washer.
null_zpsb50d06e6.jpg

Bumpers yes, gears no. I'm not going to change out the gears until I am ready to go to 37's. It drives well enough around town and with the 4:1 transfer case there won't be a problem off road.

They're going with the XJ, the buyer is getting the needed adapters before he picks it up.

Finally got my JCR front bumper yesterday and installed it this morning. I also mounted up the winch from the XJ with a new MasterPull synthetic winch rope on it.

null_zps075f65f5.jpg

Thanks man, I also have a set of Artec trusses to maybe install this weekend. Depends on how motivated I get.

Just got done running Spring Creek and Saxon Mountain Road. Now I am sitting at Tommy Knockers. Took awhile as we wound up linking up with another group that didn't have much experience. I guided them through all the stuff. Good guys though. There was a super clean 91 full size Blazer in their group on 35's that took awhile to get through the obstacles. I felt really bad when he slid off a rock and crunched his rocker.

Pics? Yeah..... I really suck at that.
The JK did great though. I am continually amazed at this thing. I definitely put the TNT aluminum skids to work but even when it hit on them she just pulled herself up and over. I think the best thing about that full belly system is the piece of mind it gives you. You hear a thud underneath and know there really isn't anything to worry about.

I will say some if the rock slide remnants on Saxon really give a pucker factor. I think the road is even bumpier now too.

do better on the pics for the Artec install -- I believe I will be picking one up for the Rubi front sitting in my garage before I throw it under the WJ...

Back