• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

An even more traitorous vehicle

DutchVDub

NAXJA Forum User
So I just can't stop apparently, I keep betraying all my previous vehicle loyalties. First I ditch the VW's in favor of Audi, then I ditch the Zuki in favor of the XJ only to in turn swap sides to the YJ camp, and now my Chevy heritage is going the way of Blue Oval. Worse yet, all my love of the Cummins engines (and I mean the big rig engines too) and here I go and get an InterTRASHional.

The Durango is almost gone and soon I will be in possession of my first ever.......... I'm almost shuddering at the thought.......... Ford truck. Its a 1996 Ford Powerstroke F-250 extended cab with a flat bed on it. 230,000ish miles, 4X4, 5spd, 7.3L, Superduty injection pump, variable setting chip, 5" downpipe back exhaust. Its pretty fracking ugly right now but its a great platform for not just a tow rig, but a support vehicle as well. I've got a couple different ideas in mind for how to progress with the truck. No matter what though I know I'll be installing some tool boxes and eventually I'd like to get a small generator and air compressor on it too. I think it would be awesome to have a generator capable of supporting a small Lincoln 110V MIG that I can load up with flux core and have on hand if needed. My Plasma is a 220V/110V variable input unit so it would be able to go on there too for trips. It doesn't cut the greatest on the 110V settings though (at least not thicker metals) so I might just opt for an oxy/acetelyne setup instead.

I don't have any pictures just yet, and she is definitely not much to look at right now anyways, but I'll get some up after I make it back from El Paso this weekend.

Last edited:
Sweet Dutch. You will like the 7.3. Keep an eye out for a one tone with all the Dana 60 stuff so you can ditch the TTB. I'm a Ford guy, but the TTB axle below the diesel likes to eat parts. I made a fortune off them when I was doing front end work.

Nice!
My teacher just bought one of those (almost exact same specs) and Ive been working on it for a couple weeks now. The problem is, it doesn't run, it was in a huge front end collision and the first 2 feet of frame are bent, and it has the most ghetto lift Ive ever seen.

This one didn't run when my neighbor bought it originally. He's been working on it and its now running like a champ. We still have a few leaks we're tracking down though before it officially becomes mine.

Pic
1.jpg

The intercooler has since been removed due its crappy piping setup. A grill and new header panel have been installed, the wood sides are gone, and those brackets have been remved from the frame so once I get the brackets a stock bumper will be in place.

Yeah, sounds like a helluva deal Dutch........ even for a Ford....... :puke:

:D

Congrats on not having to be a bum to get yer junk to the trail....... :thumbup:

Luckily it doesn't have any ford badges, I'm thinking of grabbing some International badges to put on it instead. :)

At least it's a 7.3, Troy. He could have bought a 6.fire.......

So I noticed today that while I was gone my neighbor had installed the grill and bumper for me. Definitely looks a lot better IMHO.

2.jpg

Re: A peak at what a certain traitor has been up to

Tonight I installed a tool box for the bed and finished rattle spraying the sides of the bed black again. I didn't bother with the bed surface itself as it won't last worth a shite. I also installed my "Centennial States Powerstrokes" sticker in the rear window.
3.jpg

4.jpg

After tomorow all those tires on the back will be sitting on a junked truck and I'll be using some adpaters to make this hog a dually.

Yes I'm using dually wheels.

I got one side done tonight, I'll take pics in the morning. Its a slow process because the rims I "acquired" are from a Chevy and I am having to grind the center hole on the rims a little bit bigger.

dont mind me asking, what you snag it for $?
good hauler for sure, who cares if its ugly...

can you extned the bed and just put the jeep on the flat bed or you have to run a trailer ?

The bed on it is just over 8ft already, and it would take another 6ft minimum to fit the Jeep on it. I'm perfectly hapy using the trailer.

I traded the Durango straight across for it. All said and done I've got about 3,500$ into both the truck and the trailer.

Back