• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Merc....

Bumper....
CIMG0260.jpg

Nice work Josh. That bumper just looks right. Simple, fits all the right places. :thumbup:

......but you REALLY need a camera with a flash..... :D

I agree with troy... That bumper is just right! So, What's left?
Not a whole lot. Just need to finish wiring the winch, skid plate on the bottom of the bumper, new shocks, and lots of seat time before Moab make sure it going stay together. I picked up parts to make sway bar discos. I also need to just check over everything make sure it is tight. Beef up transmission crossmember. And maybe make a skid for the Tcase it hangs a little low compared to the old one. I found some shocks to get me by until I can get some good ones. 85 F150 4x4 fronts for the front. And 99 Super Duty 4x4 for the rear. Should give me good flex and decent road manners. Plus they are cheap 120 bucks for all 4 from Autozone. The Super Duty rears give you a ton of down travel I ran set of them on my old YJ back in Iowa when I SOA lift. They worked great.

Moab can be a HUGE motivator........ :D

Back