• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Merc....

Thank you brown santa...

CIMG0680.jpg

X2!

Today I will finishing up the Tcase swap. Luckily this year the speedo runs off the rear axle abs sensor. So I am good to go.

As you can see the AWD case on the bottom is tiny compared to F150 BW4406 manual shift case. So I have clearance a few areas for it to fit. The new rear driveshaft uses massive 1350 u joints. So should be able tow with this rig pretty easy. :)

CIMG0624-1.jpg

Don't take that thing for a swim.

Don't take that thing for a swim.
LOL The new ones are all sealed.

Long shaft old Merc rear. The middle is Expedition and tiny one is Jeep Cherokee.
CIMG0625-1.jpg

So this shaft is from Automatic 4.0 NP231 Jeep Cherokee. It is perfect length. And then I have this yoke for double cardan from Ford Ranger or Explorer that had a 1354. Fits like glove. And no weird U joint to mess with.
CIMG0626-1.jpg

looks like some jeep fab to me :D
Only difference is my shifter bolts to the transmission and is solid as rock. Isn't made of sheet metal and tooth picks like a Jeep shifter. LOL ;)

Got the filters mounted. Sucks I have to remove battery every time but There really wasn't room anywhere else. Had to make a few adjustment to the battery tray. But worked out good.
CIMG0632-1.jpg

CIMG0633.jpg

F150 inner boot works good. And looks nice enough for me. The rubber boot part is super thick so should be good to keep the noise down.

CIMG0634.jpg

And having 2 wheel drive and 4 low is awesome. I had to hold brake cause the thing was trying to climb my driveway in 4 low. LOL Love it!!!

Now I just need tires to get here and some headlights. Sliders and front bumper this week. Getting closer!

Back