• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 XJ, Full Hydro, Coilovers, 37's, Maxxis, FS

Re: Doesn't the hydro steering make it illegal for street use?"

Thought I heard that this wasn't a safe setup for street use???

You've been misled. Depending on your state laws, legality may be an issue, but by no means is it unsafe. As Chris pointed out, full hydro steering is a little different than you might be used to at highway speeds, but I think that it is perfectly safe for road use. Thanks for the props Chris. Yes, no cut corners here, as I this is my DD.

that thing is SICK

posted this over at www.arkansascrawlers.com for you. Can you get me your fotobucket link so I can insert the pics as well?

Thank you for what you do for our country. While I was in Kuwait I helped many Marines. They do a job I don't have the balls to.:patriot::wantyou:

posted this over at www.arkansascrawlers.com for you. Can you get me your fotobucket link so I can insert the pics as well?

Thank you for what you do for our country. While I was in Kuwait I helped many Marines. They do a job I don't have the balls to.:patriot::wantyou:

Thanks a ton. I appreciate it. Check your PM's.

Damn dude if I just had the $$$. Your XJ has always been one of my favorites. I've followed your build here and on Pirate. Good luck and thank you for your service.

Later,
Jason

looks like an amazing jeep you have there sir. in a way, i'm glad that there's no way for me to afford it, because i'd be going to the bank for a loan, and then be stuck with another (albeit amazing) big jeep in MA.

side note: i thought i had heard somewhere that the full hydro was a DOT issue, and not legal in any states? that you needed some sort of actual steering linkage or something along those lines? feel free to correct me, jw what the exact requirements are and whatnot...

again. awesome awesome jeep, good luck with the sale :) shouldn't be hard to find a buyer with that low of a price.

how much you looking for, and where you moveing to that you cant take it if you dont mind me asking

I'm looking to get 12500 East Coast and 13000 West Coast, both delivered, as stated in the posts above.

I'm moving to Hawaii in January and then deploying soon after so I don't see the need to pay to ship it out there and then let it sit. I'd rather take the cash and use it else where.

BTT. Anybody with a 2003 or newer sports bike plus $5K bring the offers!

i hope like hell i dont have t ever go anywhere i cant take my jeep.
i really wish i could take yours! its a hella nice rig.

Back