• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you towing with?

n00b here.
Has anyone ever towed a Cherokee WITH another Cherokee, using a tow dolly?
Success or Failure?

Worst idea ever......

I saw a Honda Accord towing a Cherokee on a dolly in So Cal. So yes it can be done. Is it a smart idea is probably a better question.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

A dolly is different than a trailer. I'd use a dolly for a short haul.

I had to move my XJ on 38's about a mile once, used my dd XJ. Got about 100 feet down the road and realized that it was a dumb idea.

n00b here.
Has anyone ever towed a Cherokee WITH another Cherokee, using a tow dolly?
Success or Failure?

I have an s10 1st genwith an Iron duke for big trips across the mountain and use my Dail Driver Yaris for short trips my xj only weighs about 5800lbs the trailer maybe 2,000 so it is "light weight baby".

I have an s10 1st genwith an Iron duke for big trips across the mountain and use my Dail Driver Yaris for short trips my xj only weighs about 5800lbs the trailer maybe 2,000 so it is "light weight baby".
Ironically my last xj weighed in at 5500. Dana 44 front 12b zu rear and I went way to far overboard on the plating.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

4d4fa0ed7c32cbd4a2e2c719d122a386.jpg

That is a beautiful truck! I don't even like Chevy's either!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What is a six blow? ...lol...you Jap Diesel guys crack me up...Now if you'll excuse me I need to go flip out my tow mirrors I gots ghost trailers to move .
No glowplugs here. 5.3

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

They still use glow plugs in the Dmaxx ?...the Cummins uses a grid heater , but I am not that versed in Duramax or Powerstroke .

They have glow plugs but are generally only used on colder start ups. That's my understanding. Mine are rarely used here in socal

Back