• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any input on this vendor or product (specifically from Eric Godfrey)

I looked at their website and there is precious little information regarding what it even includes. The description talks about issues with the front axle, yet the main photo is of the rear, with no fuel tank or finished rear axle. At 479.00, I'm pretty confident it wouldn't include links, the rear axle brackets, pretty much anything more than the middle frame stiffeners. That leaves you with two options, Clayton or Rockkrawler if you're looking for a rear link "kit". Truth in advertising, I've never seen the rockkrawler one in person, but I have both their heavy duty track bar kit, and their steering setup. And I hate them both. The powder coat on both of them was peeling off even before installation, and neither really works very well under hard use. I also however, have a lot of use from my Clayton rear link kit. Bulletproof. Easy installing, was able to keep a full length exhaust with careful routing, and it rides and handles better on the street than a leaf spring Cherokee at any height. I also run their longarm kits on two of my rigs with no issues, which I couldn't say the same for an old Rubicon express longarm I once used. The Clayton stuff is pricey, I don't work for them, but it works, period. This thing looks like a can of worms.
Rich

I looked at their website and there is precious little information regarding what it even includes. The description talks about issues with the front axle, yet the main photo is of the rear, with no fuel tank or finished rear axle. At 479.00, I'm pretty confident it wouldn't include links, the rear axle brackets, pretty much anything more than the middle frame stiffeners. That leaves you with two options, Clayton or Rockkrawler if you're looking for a rear link "kit". Truth in advertising, I've never seen the rockkrawler one in person, but I have both their heavy duty track bar kit, and their steering setup. And I hate them both. The powder coat on both of them was peeling off even before installation, and neither really works very well under hard use. I also however, have a lot of use from my Clayton rear link kit. Bulletproof. Easy installing, was able to keep a full length exhaust with careful routing, and it rides and handles better on the street than a leaf spring Cherokee at any height. I also run their longarm kits on two of my rigs with no issues, which I couldn't say the same for an old Rubicon express longarm I once used. The Clayton stuff is pricey, I don't work for them, but it works, period. This thing looks like a can of worms.
Rich

the rear clayton kit is worth it, but works best if you have the front as well. you won't be able to run your exhaust out the back, I guess you could if you had more lift then me. and you will need a very small muffer to fit in front of the clayton rear cross member, just my 2 cents

I have a local shop that uses some cheap Canadian made glass pack type muffler. At 4-1/2" of lift I was able to run the exhaust completely out the back with no interference at any point in the travel. It took some careful routing for sure, but it can be done. That said I just didn't find any info online about the other setup, and I know there's no way you're getting a complete "kit" for a linked rear for 479.00. I know it's still in development stage it appears, but I don't foresee a full kit coming in for much less than the Clayton, which is tried and true.

I have a local shop that uses some cheap Canadian made glass pack type muffler. At 4-1/2" of lift I was able to run the exhaust completely out the back with no interference at any point in the travel. It took some careful routing for sure, but it can be done. That said I just didn't find any info online about the other setup, and I know there's no way you're getting a complete "kit" for a linked rear for 479.00. I know it's still in development stage it appears, but I don't foresee a full kit coming in for much less than the Clayton, which is tried and true.

I have 1 finger width from my upper bars to the floor, so I made mine a grass burner. some things you can't do cheap, and right.

Back