• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's Jeep that will take longer than Rob's to build thread...

Took this pile of junk out this past weekend even!!! I had been rebuilding my friends front framerails and front crossmember after it cracked apart. Hadn't touched the jeep in awhile, I swapped my other set of 38.5" Creepies on and went up to Field & Forest in NH. Broke stuff, drank beer, camped, enjoyed life. Snapped the rear driveshaft and my brakes are now filled with air. The DS rear caliper had a bolt fall out, the clamping force eventually broke and bent the RuffStuff mount.

k36j6h.jpg

2vdlljb.jpg

ng7eqq.jpg

1o9n51.jpg

214pph5.jpg

2qn8coy.jpg

wkizbl.jpg

sweet

In no particular order over the last year or whatever. Barrel rolled it and flopped again, DS u-joint and chromos let go at Rocktoberfest. Warranty gave me new Yukon shafts and I bought Super joints. And lastly, I bought a cheap truck and parted it out. I'm left with a 01 6.0 LQ4/5spd NV4500/t-case full pullout ;)

dzyv4j.jpg

2la9d7k.jpg

2qw3ew1.jpg

2hya44x.jpg

rlkehj.jpg

21okzs.jpg

qp5nw2.jpg

dvn7f5.jpg

Did you break the 35 spline inners or outers on that dana 60 front?

Did you break the 35 spline inners or outers on that dana 60 front?

Both, and the u-joint. Joint probably went first and took out the shaft ears. That was the second Spicer 806 so time to upgrade, Superjoints are going in now.

So how is your exhaust routed? It sounds like a tractor.

Awesome rig. Saw it come up Little Jagger and saw video of Mason Jar.

So got the jeep back together. Bought some Yukon Superjoints and had the DS chromos warrantied. Started putting everything together and realized the long side inner was junk too. The new gooseneck and Dodge got some fresh tires and other needed maintenance. Decided to forego NACfest and head down to The Crawl in Harlan, Kentucky instead this year!! Jeep did good, hoodstack gave me some carbon monoxide poisoning, broke the rear driveshaft, did some overall dumb stuff.

11lihpz.jpg

4t3mf5.jpg

mljddv.jpg

11t0ns6.jpg

14b87co.jpg

sy8pya.jpg

1zlswgo.jpg

Now onto fixing stuff and adding some stuff to it. Rebuilt the rear shaft with a new H-block and u-joints. The front driveshaft centering ball was junk too, so I rebuilt both front shafts with new stuff and cut/welded some bigger slip yoke setups on too. Door skins came off to straighten and added some saddle mounts for all the spare shafts now.

jqg7x2.jpg

2mmv6s9.jpg

fk5t11.jpg

f9iov4.jpg

Well damn, I scratched the paint again. And I haven't built new exhaust yet and the hoodstack still is terrible. Dash is all apart right now because the HVAC is messed up too.

15nrn8z.jpg

286ss1t.jpg

2mnkmzm.jpg

2z9lfg9.jpg

Back