• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring creek 6-19!

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
Well I just got home. That was an AWESOME day everyone. Little longer then expected but well worth it.

I didn't get any pics as i don't have a camera and my phone was already dead by the time we got up there.

Anyways, I have to say this is my favorite trail to date... I am sure ill have another new favorite pretty soon. Not too much carnage if you really want to call it that. Almost everyone but me got a dent in the passenger side door from the first rock. Guess i kinda dug it out for everyone :D. The electric fan makes a HUGE difference in how hot the jeep runs. So thanks to Zith for wiring up a ghetto rigged E-fan to keep it cool all day. Stayed under 210 the rest of the day! Then in the middle of the rock garden the group ahead of us had a rig with a bent stock tie rod. Solution was bend it back and "sleeve" it with a High lift jack handle. Worked pretty well.

I can't wait for pics. Great to meet more people and wheel with everyone again!

Pics look good. Lotsa flexy shots. Who was Rollin the mtr's mounted backwards? I know it doesn't really matter but they ARE inside out :D
Wish I coulda made it

I tried to weed out the shots that didn't turn out well or seemed a little dull... I guess that left me with lots of flexy shots. That's Beezle with the MTRs. Maybe we should have made him run everything in reverse?

Haha. They are just inside/outside tires. But like I said it doesn't ultimately matter. How's that trail compare to stuff like eagle rock or penrose?

He might have been able to actually get through the rock garden better then. :D :gag: :D

No real flexy shots of my rig in your album but great pics none the less! Cant wait for all of J-9's pics!

Lol what pressure was he running. There was a HUGE difference for me in performance from pressure >10psi and when pressure<10psi.

The wait is over! Here they are.

A few samples:

SpringCreek077.jpg

SpringCreek110.jpg

SpringCreek162.jpg

SpringCreek177.jpg

SpringCreek191.jpg

IMO it's reasonably comparable to Eagle Rock. Similar in difficulty and both are pretty fun. Spring Creek has some long stretches of easy shelf road in between the obstacles. Both times I've run it it's been much more crowded than I've ever seen Eagle Rock. I've never been to Penrose, so can't make that comparison.

Crimzon - I dunno why I don't have any pics of you flexing. It does flex, right? :) I didn't get any pics of that awesome efan mod either!

Mmmm fair enough. Zith, seems like your rigs always works flawlessly for you :thumbup:

(and it's white :D )

Lol what pressure was he running. There was a HUGE difference for me in performance from pressure >10psi and when pressure<10psi.

Think he said he was down to 15ish? Not sure though.

These AT's did a lot better then i thought they would. I had the jeep moving in 1500 to 2000 RMPS most of the day. Just cruising with my foot barely on the gas in 4lo.

Looks like you guys had a great day! I see some dented doors and some "clearanced" fenders..... :D

The rock garden sure looks a bit more challenging now - lots of dug out areas between the big rocks.... :thumbup:

Sure woulda rather been up there than taking apart that POS truggy-thing.....

Had a great day everyone!!

Learned a few things today:

1. If you show up late, you will be holding up the group the rest of the day.
2. J-9 will remind you that you are holding up the group every time you finally catch up.
3. Quote "Do you mind if we try a different line with your jeep?" -David
4. Quote "Don't listen to him" - Matt
5. Frame stiffeners don't look like such a bad idea now.

I was at 15psi for the first half then at the boulder garden I went down to 12psi. Yea I know they say "This side inward" on the side of them but I'm a rebel without a cause.

All in all it was a good day!

2. J-9 will remind you that you are holding up the group every time you finally catch up.

Yeah, she was getting pretty annoying with the "Can we go yet?" out in Moab.......... :rolleyes:

:D

He might have been able to actually get through the rock garden better then. :D :gag: :D

Yea, yea, yea, Im not gonna lie, that 3 hrs of sleep I got before the trip really affected my decision making skills and my ability to turn passenger instead of driver when told to turn passenger.

it was definitly a good day. i got a bunch of pictures and a little bit of video that i'll try to get up tomorrow.

Thanks again to Beezle for letting the crippled kid ride with him, and thanks to everyone else for the gimpy comments!

Mmmm fair enough. Zith, seems like your rigs always works flawlessly for you :thumbup:

(and it's white :D )

There are things I'll change when I find the time, but I must have done something right while building it. Its always done well on the trail and it rarely gives me trouble. It apparently likes to wait until Moab to break down but even the issues it's had were rather easily fixed either on trail or at the campground that evening. It must be the white paint. :yelclap:

Looks like you guys had a great day! I see some dented doors...
Mhmm. Something about the big rock at the base of obstacle 1, the sideways slope toward the rock and just how soft/dug out it was... It was pretty much impossible to keep the rear of the vehicles high enough to avoid it. It seemed worse than last year when I ran the trail.

Looks like a lot of fun you guys had. I miss spring creek. :(

Do not know if I am going to get back there this year.

As Yella was saying looks like a lot of the rocks are all dug out.

The "Slab", "The Wall", or the pre-Spring Creek Obstacle as some say, looks pretty dug out around the big rock. Then the second actual obstacle before the Rock Garden looks to be dug out pretty good as well.

Did you guys go up then back down or did you go down Cascade or Saxon Rd.?

Back