• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Door/Window Switch Lights Always On

DesertLad

NAXJA Forum User
2000 xj 4.0 Auto

Power windows/doors function normally mechanically. However, the switch lights remain on regardless of the key being in the "on" position let alone being in the ignition at all. To my understanding the switch lights should only be on when the key is in the "on" position. Additionally the wires between the doors and body appear to be fine

This is all to hunt down why circuit breaker 28 (on the interior fuse panel) for the power door/windows accounts for ~90mA of parasitic draw. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Pic shows door lock light on regardless of key being in the ignition. Window switch light is off due to driver switch panel being removed.

CXQ9pQh.jpg

Hey, just wondering if you ever found a solution to this? I'm having the same issue along with my radio turning on after shutting off the jeep

Desertlad posted this over a year ago and never came back.

I suggest you start a new thread and list your symptoms, things you've done so far (if anything) to troubleshoot the problem. Make sure you list the Year.

To answer either or both posters, failed wire harnesses in the drivers door and the tailgate are very common. 12 volts positive can short to other circuits and/or to ground, and cause all sort of weird symptoms. Inspect inside and near the hinge area rubber boot for chafed door wire insulation, broken wires, and failed wire splices. A logical simple diagnostic would be to unplug the door wire harness from the body wire harness and see if the symptoms clear up.

Back