• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

I didn't get much done. I spent a couple hours trying to justify buying gears and ARB's when my rockwells only cost 1000$

I just talked to my dad he said when he told MP's I wanted my bumper for another jeep they offered to build a "cool tube bumper." Classy...

Ordered the pinion brake brackets and rotors.

where you get rockwells fer 1k?

Technically yesterday but I was in no state to type last night haha:cheers:
Nothing impressive and the Jeep's in no condition for pictures yet haha.

Little silver button is kinda like a kill switch, have to hold it to send power to the starter (cars get stolen and joy-riden here often). Large toggle switch for an electric fan and placed there to hide the 'kill switch'.
20avzwx.jpg

and the electric fan.
34r7meu.jpg

While I'm at it, here's the grinding issue that I was having... anyone have a reason for me not to dremmel this metal strap off?
12346pw.jpg

Installed some 100w each daylighters... I know they aren't prefectly level and I'm getting black zip ties LOL :laugh2:. They're wired to the factory fog light switch... not sure if I'll keep it this way though because they can only be turned on when the lights are on and automatically turn off when I switch the high beams on.
2l9f80.jpg

also installed 6.5" speakers in the front to replace the 5.25"s... replacing the hatch 5.25"s for 6.5"s soon.

Technically yesterday but I was in no state to type last night haha:cheers:
Nothing impressive and the Jeep's in no condition for pictures yet haha.

Little silver button is kinda like a kill switch, have to hold it to send power to the starter (cars get stolen and joy-riden here often). Large toggle switch for an electric fan and placed there to hide the 'kill switch'.
20avzwx.jpg

and the electric fan.
34r7meu.jpg

While I'm at it, here's the grinding issue that I was having... anyone have a reason for me not to dremmel this metal strap off?
12346pw.jpg

Installed some 100w each daylighters... I know they aren't prefectly level and I'm getting black zip ties LOL :laugh2:. They're wired to the factory fog light switch... not sure if I'll keep it this way though because they can only be turned on when the lights are on and automatically turn off when I switch the high beams on.
2l9f80.jpg

also installed 6.5" speakers in the front to replace the 5.25"s... replacing the hatch 5.25"s for 6.5"s soon.

The factory fog light's dont put out enough amps for after market lights.. set up a 30 amp or 40 amp relay per light..get the most out of them...

Little silver button is kinda like a kill switch, have to hold it to send power to the starter (cars get stolen and joy-riden here often).

Thanks for letting everyone know the location and the process. Not the brightest bulb, are you?

Wait, you have to install a security system for the jeep, but you mount lights with zip-ties?

I will definately look into changing that for the lights, thanks. You should see how bright they get even so.

As for not being the brightest bulb, I never said I was. You'd still need the key or know how to hot-wire and push a button at the same time to steal it though. This just serves as an added obstacle. As far as your comment goes, you aren't the brightest either. Your XJ is just as easy, if not easier to steal than mine. At least I have moved my "location and process" off the steering column giving my Jeep better odds. Besides that, I'm not worried about anyone here stealing it and haven't disclosed my location.

If it makes you feel any better I like the push and hold idea.
A tard thief will probably think about flipping every switch, but who thinks to push and hold.
Obviously the prius drivers didn't. Too soon?

As for not being the brightest bulb, I never said I was. You'd still need the key or know how to hot-wire and push a button at the same time to steal it though. This just serves as an added obstacle. As far as your comment goes, you aren't the brightest either. Your XJ is just as easy, if not easier to steal than mine. At least I have moved my "location and process" off the steering column giving my Jeep better odds. Besides that, I'm not worried about anyone here stealing it and haven't disclosed my location.

Bonney Lake/Puyallup? Graduated in 07? Have a minor in photography? Shouldn't be too hard. :D

Wasn't meaning to offend. Didn't see the mounting hardware. Definitely like the push button though.

Bonney Lake/Puyallup? Graduated in 07? Have a minor in photography? Shouldn't be too hard. :D

Photogs these days... such rebels.

Lol pretty close, used to live in BL... now Puyallup. Class of '05 and I don't know where the photography part came from but I was using a cell phone to take the pics lol. Another pro of the push button is that it's pretty damn hard to push and has to be all the way pressed to work. =)

Back OT I got nothing done today. Fast Demise brought over my tires though :D.

Tomorrow I'm going to Kent to pick up my bumper (and if I'm lucky the lift).

Looks like NW fest I'll be 30/35 open/open. Oh well it will still be fun .

Back