• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clayton 3 link cross, diy arms/mount?

I have their original radius arm setup before they did the 3-link. I also have the rear coil conversion. Still works great as it did when it was installed 13 years ago.

If you threw an upper link on the driverside-pinion cast mount, do you think it would hit the driveshaft?

I am fairly certain that I have seen a Clayton prototype 3-link many years ago that did exactly that. The third link was only on the drive shaft side. It was more than a decade ago but I remember a D30 truss that used the cast mount with extra steel on the truss.

iu

ideally that truss is what Im trying to do away with. I know other kits use the diff for a 3 link without the above diff truss thing, but i dont know what has been done, if anything to compensate for this.

Well it would be easier to put a bend around the the driveshaft in round tubing.

NEED HELP

I’m new to the page and need some help ! I’ve got a 1990 xj with upgraded motion off-road heavy duty 1 ton ylink crossover kit . And need to replace the y link end link. Does anyone know what replacement I can get now that the company is out of business ? The tie rod ends are not upgraded to 1ton. I tried ordering the ruff stuff 1tons but wasn’t correct . Thank you

the full traction and BDS 4 links use the factory cast mount. its got to fit in some manner. but most opt for a truss for either separation or freedom of location. id think the ability to use a threaded joint on the control arm is also a factor. i dont think youll get a clear with your specific parts you intend to use unless you find THAT ONE GUY who has done/tried it.

you got a couple options...
- pull your coils, put the jeep at full bump, figure out where the frame side upper will be as best you can, and throw a piece of PVC up there to see what it looks like.
- take a look at where the 4 link kits that use the factory upper (full traction, BDS, etc) locate their frame side upper and make an educated guess if its close to the crossmember you want to use.
- go for it, and try to make it work, come up with a solution on the fly if it doesnt fit.
- plan on doing a truss from the beginning. if you are going to weld your own arms, you can weld a truss.

Back