• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TwoWheelTalk

Eh more like she isn't gonna get the chance. We've been dealin with some shit and I had enough. I'm not gonna ride the thing so away it goes. I'll post it up once I can get a video of it running and fork seals are done. Be cheap.

Cheap is good...

Lol cheap is always good. I'm not in it a lot so if sell it for about same. Definitely sub 1k. But how far below depends on what all my buddy did to it since it's been down there ya know. Then I can put that money toward another bike :D

Well the lady's ttr is being torn down. Gonna get it fixed up (guy bought all shit to rebuild top end and didn't know what to do) and gonna rebuild forks as well as an exhaust. Just gonna run it for a few months til she is confident enough to spend the money on a newer ttr125 or crf150. I hope she gets her confidence back quick as I really want her to have something better for the moab trip than the crap 01 ttr. (Can't really complain, I got the ttr and cash for a 500$ gun)
Any thoughts in just doing the yz85 swap instead of rebuilding stock stuff??

Well what a cluster ****.
Guy supposedly put new valves and rings etc in and just had no compression which matched up with the lower timing gear not having the chain on it. Well he never did the valves. So ordered everything. New valves and rings and jut gonna get it done. Got the forks rebuilt. And it turns out it's the 225 not the 125. Aye. Frustrated with having to wait for more parts to show up for this thing but it's whatever. Be easy to sell all new I think.

So, its not cheap anymore...

That means it has a front disc brake.

You want to unload it cheap and not have to out it together?

Going for first real ride today. Headed down to Texas creek. Trying out this app my buddy e-dub suggested called runtastic. Tracked his elevation time top speed avg speed etc. seems pretty rad I'll let ya know how it is.

We loaded up the Titan with the bikes and headed down to Texas creek
image_zpsee3e35e9.jpg

Had a good time riding almost all by ourselves.
image_zps3553587b.jpg

I was trying out an app my buddy suggested and I really dig it. It's the free version so it kept running time through our lunch vs stopping when motion stopped like it's supposed to. But it gps laid out or path with mile markers and where we ran at what speeds. Super cool and look forward to using it again. Wish I had remembered to use it the second run.

image_zps6dba350d.jpg

Kawasaki had a little something something in stock I couldn't pass up. I got home and made my Vaquero look like this. Can we say "Face Off" :D

About an hour later it was all back together with some new eyes

I installed the auxiliary light kit from a Voyager, it should make my night rides a lot brighter.

Hokay. Any if ya have experience with EFI on dirtbikes? I would love love love EFI and elec start but is it worth it? Pros. Cons?

Reason I ask is imma beat on the wr for the summer and try and get something newer after. Really considering this.
http://m.powersports.honda.com/model/offroad/dual sport/crf250l/2014/colors
But a test ride would tell me more. I like the EFI and elec start. Sticking to a 250 as I don't see me needing more that that. The wr is over a decade old and has plenty of shitnget for me so a newer 250 should be plenty.

We are going back to camp and ride the 2-3 in that area. Let me know if ya wanna meet up. It's very accessible.

If you mean May 2-3 that's a Fri and Sat for one, and I have drill the 3-4 for two. :(

Hokay. Any if ya have experience with EFI on dirtbikes? I would love love love EFI and elec start but is it worth it? Pros. Cons?

The only fuel injected bike I've owned is my big Vulcan. I see no reason to shy away from fuel injection though. For me electric start is a must. My 640 Enduro had both electric and kick start and I think that was great for that type of bike. I'm planning on adding kick start to my TTR also, but only as a back up in case I have a starter or battery issue.

Woops. Linked wrong bike. The crf is cool and good price but a bit small for my 6-2 frame. Meant to link this.
http://m.yamahamotorsports.com/ModelDisplay.aspx?l=10&mid=66&nav=s&showprevmodel=0

What are the advantages of a newer WR250F over your current one? I would think it would be better to just keep and upgrade your current bike than to swap it out for a newer version of the same one. Besides an aluminum frame and maybe a few tweaks to the suspension there really isn't much difference between your WRF and the new WRF. Aftermarket will net you a better suspension than what the newer one has. The newer WRF is still carbureted and kick start.

If anything I would swap to the WR250R for the six speed, also the WR250R is fuel injected. It is a lower compression bike with a bit less travel than the F model but with the 6 speed it'll have a higher top speed and the smoother motor will probably be easier to control in slower/technical sections of trail.

The WR250R and KLX250S are the two models I'm looking at as a smaller replacement for the TTR. I was really impressed with the TTR on the ride home from Lyons and with the little bit of extra power, plus the extra gear I'm sure either of the 250's would do me well. Next year I'll be trying out both of those and some 450's to see where I fit best.

Back