• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

I'm going back and forth on keeping the tank setup, or letting it go to fund some SFR engine and trans mounts.

I'll eventually have OBA on the build for the front locker, but a tank setup like this can come in handy at times.

Hmmmm...:laugh:
Well let me know. I'm in the market for a tank.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Aaaaand about $6k too much :laugh:

ZJ's have become the bottom rung, then WJ's.

XJ's are selling for more than either.

Crazy to think a V8 WJ with lower miles, and nicer interior, more amenities, etc. is fetching less than an "outdated" XJ.

Aint that the truth. ZJ's have tanked in price. Although I will say in my WJ hunt it seems more often than not they are pulling a premium right now. Or at least people selling them think they can.

Aaaaand about $6k too much :laugh:

ZJ's have become the bottom rung, then WJ's.

XJ's are selling for more than either.

Crazy to think a V8 WJ with lower miles, and nicer interior, more amenities, etc. is fetching less than an "outdated" XJ.

WJ are an ideal frameless platform I think. Still love axle Front. V8 option. Comfy. Good start wheelbase. Cheap. No way to buy an xj over any variation grand for the prices. You’re almost in wk money for a late model. Honestly a rebuilt trans in a zj isn’t that bad, and you can get a decent rig for a decent price.

Says the guy in a Tj.

WJ are an ideal frameless platform I think. Still love axle Front. V8 option. Comfy. Good start wheelbase. Cheap. No way to buy an xj over any variation grand for the prices. You’re almost in wk money for a late model. Honestly a rebuilt trans in a zj isn’t that bad, and you can get a decent rig for a decent price.

Says the guy in a Tj.

The 5.9 and early year 5.2 had 46 transmissions those are a torque rating of 6 , so they are actually pretty solid and they are nothing more than a 727 with overdrive so they are very upgradeable. You could easily swap in a performance v8I in the place if a 5.2 in a bolt in fashion or find a 5.9 and freshen it up . I'd trade a warmed up 5.9 any day of the week over a 4.0 of any kind .

Tell me about it. On another forum I talked a guy down from spending either $9K or $10K on an either one of a couple XJ's at this used car lot in CT. One was an '00 and the other an '01. Granted lower mileage but still. And he was going to drive from MD to check them out.

I was like NO! Do not. He came around thankfully.

I smell a scam. Looks exactly like the pics someone in Dallas was using a while back.

I do find it out that all the photos appear grainy except for the one shot showing the wood grain bezel.
Which I am betting they added. Would not find that on a Sport. Would come on a Limited or Country. But then I put one in my '00 Sport. LOL.

I’d avoid at all costs. Aside from my, and the chapters, personal experience with him being a lying sack o....., a flake, he’s bumpers have a tendency to distort with an load/impact and rear tire carriers either twist the bumper they are attached to or just tweak until they touch the ground.

Nuff said, thank you.

You could build that bumper with an angle grinder and cheap welder . The materials are only rectangle tube and some plate . It's a a few hours on a weekend to put that together. If I had a spare weekend I'd build it for you for cost of materials , but my shit box is black hole consuming all spare time . I think you could easily do it yourself it's not a fancy brake bent bumper .

If only I had $20,000.00!

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-jeep-cherokee-amazing-build/6809357741.html
00w0w_1CHDoDZmPHd_1200x900.jpg

I know the guy that built it. Kinda.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f17...001-anniversary-edition-build-thread-3527642/

One of the most awesome pay attention to detail builds I have seen.

The guy that is selling it now bought it from him.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Jeep-...m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

I found this on Craigslist awhile back and because I was very familiar with the build I recognized it right off.

Hell half the things I did to my Jeep were ideas I stole from him. LOL.

I was being sarcastic! It doesn't matter how much work he put into it, Only an idiot would pay $20,000.00 for it. Especially to someone who payed 14,000.00 for it!

That's a nice clean xj it's steerable well built and looks good. 20k is a bit much , but it is worth $15k ... you can't build it in parts for that with all your own time on the labor .

It looks like it sold.

I have seen a couple of those built on old Cadillacs.

There is probably a name for them and a forum of enthusiasts somewhere.

Back