• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tinkham Snow Run January 27th

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
I plan on attempting to get as far up the south side of I-90 (Tinkham Rd) as possible, maybe run the north side also if possible (time will tell).

Part of the reason for this trip for me is to see what the snow is like and what the options will be for this year "Hypothermia Run".

Let me know if you are interested.

I think the plan should be to meet just off the Ashel Curtis Rd Exit 47? (it is the second Tinkham Rd Exit). If you get off the exit to the south (right) and cross the bridge and turn right there is a small parking area to air down and meet up.

How about 9:00AM

Please come prepared for lots of SNOW!!

Michael

IXNAYXJ said:
Edited for grammar. ;)

I should be ready by then, Michael. Give me a call if you want.

-----Matt-----

Oh thanks. Dont tell anyone but im a really bad english speaker. :shhh: But if your not ready you can always come with me and tell me how bad of a driver that I am. :looser:

-Alex

alexer03 said:
Oh thanks. Dont tell anyone but im a really bad english speaker. :shhh: But if your not ready you can always come with me and tell me how bad of a driver that I am. :looser:

-Alex

You definitely have punctuation/grammar skills. Some would call it gifted.

-Jeremy

In!

DrSockMonkey said:
What are the rig requirements?

It must have an engine. And tires.

I'm likely in for this one, I'll check the calendar tonight.

DrSockMonkey said:
What are the rig requirements?

Good question.
I am much more concerned with driver experience and the ability to take advice from others than I am about requirements. In the past I have seen nearly stock rigs (not just XJ's) be able to stick with the group with no problems and I have seen built rig's have nothing but problems.

I don't have any specific requirements but I will put the group together on the day of the run in what I consider to be the best use of the vehicles/people there. Having said that my intent is to get all the way to the top if at all possible and it is not unlikely that we might need to split into two groups or some people might be farther behind the group than others depending on how things go.

Most rig's do well with decent tires and over 31" tires.
NO ONE will be left behind.
Shovels, warm clothes, extra food, sleds are much more important ;)

Michael

Well then count me in.

2xtreme said:
Good question.
I am much more concerned with driver experience and the ability to take advice from others than I am about requirements. In the past I have seen nearly stock rigs (not just XJ's) be able to stick with the group with no problems and I have seen built rig's have nothing but problems.

I don't have any specific requirements but I will put the group together on the day of the run in what I consider to be the best use of the vehicles/people there. Having said that my intent is to get all the way to the top if at all possible and it is not unlikely that we might need to split into two groups or some people might be farther behind the group than others depending on how things go.

Most rig's do well with decent tires and over 31" tires.
NO ONE will be left behind.
Shovels, warm clothes, extra food, sleds are much more important ;)

Michael

So is this to be a family friendly run, wives and kids, sledding, cocoa, and caroling?

alexer03 said:
Yes id rather not become legendary like the donner (sp?) party. :laugh:

I suppose we will be talking about food and such as the trip nears? I would like to bbq and im sure im not alone.

-Alex

Done that a few times. pack along a small propane grill and have some brats or burgers up on the trial. Good times.

My intent for this trip to get to the top of the road if at all possible (I need to understand the conditions and access for our Hypothermia Run later this winter). People are more than welcome to bring wives, kids, etc and they will be accomodated as much as possible, however keep in mind that the intent is to make it to the top and not just to go wheeling/sledding.

My suspicion is that there will be plenty of time for sledding (there almost always is on a snow run) but on this trip I don't promise that. My wife and kids won't be on this trip if that makes any difference.

On a similar note I am all for dutch ovens, bbq's and cooking, Igloo's but don't plan on having that much time on this trip. That is a great idea for the Hypo run later.

If the group get's too large for this trip we will split into two groups or three groups and run different trails. I would like to keep it to about 8 jeeps on a single trail for this trip, but we will see as it get's closer and we know who actually shows ;)

Michael

Back