• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Does IRO give a naxja discount? I want to get some stuff from them before winterfest.
If you call and talk to Josh, he will honor the WF 15% off but you do have to pay shipping. My stuff showed up last week! :)

Found an 03 Chevy 1500HD with the 6.0, but all the way up in Front Du Lac. Any of you guys own of these? From what I'm reading they were basically a crew cab 2500 in the few years they made em. It's listed at $6k with 190k on the clock.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Found an 03 Chevy 1500HD with the 6.0, but all the way up in Front Du Lac. Any of you guys own of these? From what I'm reading they were basically a crew cab 2500 in the few years they made em. It's listed at $6k with 190k on the clock.

The 1500HDs are "light duty" 2500s with semi-float 14bolt rear axle and 90% of the time they are 3.73 geared. They are still rated for 8500 lbs towing. Andy Bagwell has one if you need specific information on them.

Basically it's the same drivetrain as I had in my '00 Yukon XL 2500.

$6k seems reasonable for one with 190k, I sold my XL with 180k for $5500 and the trucks always book higher. Up there I bet its rusty though.

I am betting it is one rusty POS!

$12,000!!!!
How much cocaine comes with it?

According to a friend, it is worth it. He said his 93 single cab long bed was appraised and insured for 11,000. I’m sure as heck not spending 12k for a near 30 year old truck. I love that style and it is exactly what I would want but at that shape, maybe 6k. I get it that people like that style but no way.

Most likely is underneath

Chrysler is offering 84 months 0% APR right now on. Makes a 1500 Hemi look really good.

At this rate, maybe by Moab 2023 I'll buy a new truck

Buy and new truck and you'll wonder why you've been driving junk for so long.

I'm serious.

We went from the 2000 Excursion to the 2018 F150 and never looked back.

mac 'it's amazing' gyvr

Oh I'm well aware. I drive my bosses Sierra 1500 a lot, drove my folks new fully loaded Highlander for about a month so I've gotten the taste for the good life. Not sure how I'll feel daily driving a full size pickup. The 0% is whats really making me consider off the lot vs preowned. It more or less free's up an extra $5k.

I'm tired of driving other people's junk.

I turned 40 last year, it's time for me to start letting other people buy my junk when I'm done with it.

My wife daily drives the f150. 18.72 hand figured mpg city.

mac 'better than a 5.9 zj' gyvr

My equinox only gets a few more mpg then that. I regret not getting a year old f150 when I got my equinox. It was great until trying to configure two car seats while being comfortable and the little ones having leg room. It wouldn’t have fit in the garage.

Our 2018 is a crew cab. Car seats in the back and room for someone smaller to sit in the middle between them. The rear cab is nearly as big as my old megacab.

It fits in my garage and it has remote start.

mac 'no regerts' gyvr

Our 2018 is a crew cab. Car seats in the back and room for someone smaller to sit in the middle between them. The rear cab is nearly as big as my old megacab.

It fits in my garage and it has remote start.

mac 'no regerts' gyvr

Drove a crew cab (non eco boost) on vacation in 2015 with five adults. When I knew I had to replace my old car, that is something that made me think about the f150.

I had my eye on this one back in 2017.

I have been following this convo about used vs. new. I agree buying new is a lot better than buying used. That being said, I don't think buying new is worth it if it means giving up living life.

I spent my 20's to 30's paying for new stuff on the payment plan. Friends would say "lets go do this cool thing this weekend". I would have to beg off because I had a payment due.

If you make enough to buy new and still enjoy life, do it. If buying that new truck and fancy house means you can't do anything but make the payments, don't.

The trucks I drive and the place I live in are not the most fanciest, but I can afford to do things.

Some say NAXJA is dying out. Maybe we need to remember that not all of us have "made it". Congrats to all that have, but some of us still are on a smaller budget.

Just my .02. No offense please.

I have been following this convo about used vs. new. I agree buying new is a lot better than buying used. That being said, I don't think buying new is worth it if it means giving up living life.

I spent my 20's to 30's paying for new stuff on the payment plan. Friends would say "lets go do this cool thing this weekend". I would have to beg off because I had a payment due.

If you make enough to buy new and still enjoy life, do it. If buying that new truck and fancy house means you can't do anything but make the payments, don't.

The trucks I drive and the place I live in are not the most fanciest, but I can afford to do things.

Some say NAXJA is dying out. Maybe we need to remember that not all of us have "made it". Congrats to all that have, but some of us still are on a smaller budget.

Just my .02. No offense please.

Thats whats been going through my mind. Family has been pushing me to buy a new car since I got out of high school. I dont hate driving old junk cars, but the reason Im looking at new or newer 1/2 ton is because:

A. I want a tow rig to be able to wheel without freaking out over breaking 1500 miles from home.

B. I can really only have 2 cars at home, and the XJ is really not a great daily. Cowl intake makes it noisy as hell, plus while I dont mind driving it to the Badlands for WF, but taking passengers is a struggle. So buying a Van as I'd been thinking would not work out. Plus maintenance on 3 old cars gets old.

Unfortunately it seems like buying any 13+ 4WD pick up is gonna run $20k+, unless I jump on a fleet truck with more miles than any of my current junk. So payments on a used truck with interest is close to what I'd pay for a new truck, plus a few years of factory warranty. If I could cut out my bar tab and buying lunch everyday I'd probably cover the truck and have some left over....

In other news, I still havent touched the Jeep since Moab. I have a steering box brace to install, a couple frame patches that hopefully will get attention, and try to find a PS leak. If bad comes to worse Ill just top off the fluids and toss my tent and beer in the Jeep. Cant wait for WF

Back