• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

What the hell. The last two pages are like one big gay hug.

i was thinking the same thing. almost like late in a night of drinking, when you are looking at the stars, and the music is quieter, and you look at your buddy....

then you kiss him

wait wha?

This place was shitty for news ALONG time ago when I car here. I left for along time because of that. I came back and hung around here and bought some parts and the people here is all that kept me here.

K "not sure why after meeting most of you" man

Stfu newb!

i asked a question there once about my post count and had about 50 shitastic responses and one pm with the truth.

i dont believe i have posted since.

I rarely post over there, usually it is in chit chat about some topic they are talking about.

I'm more guilty than anyone else. I simply can't tolerate people asking questions on a forum that a simple web search would provide the answer to. I don't understand why you would ask a bunch of truck drivers, police officers and aircraft mechanics how to fix the flux capacitor on your delorean if Doc Brown posted an article about it you can find on a google search.

I used to get annoyed about people ask the same question over and over but remember the the XJ ended production in what 01? If people don't ask the same question from time to time what are we going to discuss? Rarely are there new and unique questions, why not just archive the technical forum and just have a series of "important" threads at that point.

If some posts a question and a response of "there is a search button" doesn't help anyone searching about the same subject in the future. I have ran across this multiple times when looking for info. It is not just on NAXJA but on a bunch of other forums also.

I have been on pirate since I've been around NAXJA. I rarely posted over there and even still don't most there much. Since 1999, I have around 500 posts there. Most of those are in the past few years since I have been involved with racing, prior to starting to race I had less than 50 posts in almost 10 years.

All that to say, I like my NAXJA peps a lot better.

We don't need to become pirate.

mac 'and I think TH made a funny' gyvr

I used to get annoyed about people ask the same question over and over but remember the the XJ ended production in what 01? If people don't ask the same question from time to time what are we going to discuss? Rarely are there new and unique questions, why not just archive the technical forum and just have a series of "important" threads at that point.

If some posts a question and a response of "there is a search button" doesn't help anyone searching about the same subject in the future. I have ran across this multiple times when looking for info. It is not just on NAXJA but on a bunch of other forums also.

Because the tech section on NAXJA has 1.5 pages of stuff from 5+ years ago duh!!!!

That was one BIG reason I became red was for the tech section and was very dissapointed when I got to it. I definitely think it should be made a priority to make the tech section of the ELITE XJ forum better than what it is. I can almost gurantee that the way 95% of the people here found this place was because they were looking for info on their first XJ.

I would think paying someone a few bucks like Kastein to make a nice tech sticky section would be a VERY good idea for the appeal of the website and obtaining new membership.

EDIT: I just went and looked at the tech section and it does seem to have more in it than before. My apologies. There are definitely some things I think could be added to the section though.

Last edited:
Because the tech section on NAXJA has 1.5 pages of stuff from 5+ years ago duh!!!!

That was one BIG reason I became red was for the tech section and was very dissapointed when I got to it. I definitely think it should be made a priority to make the tech section of the ELITE XJ forum better than what it is. I can almost gurantee that the way 95% of the people here found this place was because they were looking for info on their first XJ.

I would think paying someone a few bucks like Kastein to make a nice tech sticky section would be a VERY good idea for the appeal of the website and obtaining new membership.

EDIT: I just went and looked at the tech section and it does seem to have more in it than before. My apologies. There are definitely some things I think could be added to the section though.

If you paid to be a member for an area that's available for free to users, we thank you.

I have ran in to this problem many times. i go to search, weather it be here or Google, and the 1st 10 links are people telling the OP to use search. i don't get it, why not just answer the question if you know it, if you don't keep scrolling or if you just don't feel like giving out the info you searched for then don't. telling someone to search? maybe they tried that... in most threads looking for advice i seem to notice a 2 or 3 good answers to 20 either shit remarks or "go search"

SAM'good morning jeepers!'SET

You mean like the FAQ section?

There used to be a FAQ Team,
Then there was just Johnny.
Then just myself.

The groundwork is laid. What's there is catalogued and searchable.

It's an open spot that should be filled by somone, or a group of folks.

Wow. The honesty and truth behind this statement is huge.

Maybe we are/have become the elitist jeep club that we so often need to defend? I think we all need to read this quote and do some soul searching and try to represent naxja like it should be.

We should be able to ask dumb questions, jeep related or not and get honest answers. How many times do we run to ken stein with questions that we don't know. Same situation as how to cut a gutter. Just because we know the answers, doesn't mean everyone does.

Fore 'xj/mj proud is STILL a train wreck" Wheeler
I usually end up with a few texts/calls a week at this point. It's kinda funny because half of them I don't know the answer.

I don't do this for money. If I did, I'd be broke :jester:

I've been considering throwing together a quick "every year split I can think of on every part of the XJ" thread that people can add to and update but every time I consider it, I end up busy as hell or realize I don't know half of what I should before starting.

My opinion on the whole mess is that things are about how they were attitude wise when I joined. Back then there was a whole different set of tech section nerds, some helpful, some dbags. Joe Peters, winterbeater, ehall, and a couple I can't quite remember usernames for on the really helpful side, guys like RCP Phx on the dbag side...

I don't go in the tech sections as much as I used to simply because I don't have that kind of free time anymore. Back then I was working as a test/validation engineer and sometimes simulations would take 4, 5, 6, even 8 hours to run before I had any kind of results to work with. These days I quite literally am designing all the electronics, embedded systems, and wiring harnesses for a flying car company, so I basically am on my feet and/or doing actual work damn near all day.

- Ken "will work on jeeps for free" Stein

I have ran in to this problem many times. i go to search, weather it be here or Google, and the 1st 10 links are people telling the OP to use search. i don't get it, why not just answer the question if you know it, if you don't keep scrolling or if you just don't feel like giving out the info you searched for then don't. telling someone to search? maybe they tried that... in most threads looking for advice i seem to notice a 2 or 3 good answers to 20 either shit remarks or "go search"

One of my biggest complaints too. It doesn't take any longer to type the answer out. Or better yet, spend 5 seconds....since you seem to be a search master yourself and post a link to another thread with the answer.

I have been on pirate since I've been around NAXJA. I rarely posted over there and even still don't most there much. Since 1999, I have around 500 posts there. Most of those are in the past few years since I have been involved with racing, prior to starting to race I had less than 50 posts in almost 10 years.

All that to say, I like my NAXJA peps a lot better.

We don't need to become pirate.

mac 'and I think TH made a funny' gyvr

At least someone got it. I was being funny, trying to put some humor in this thread after it got serious.

If you paid to be a member for an area that's available for free to users, we thank you.

Then it needs removed from being one of the "perks"

Q.
Why should I join NAXJA? What are the benefits?A. This is a relatively common question from perspective members of NAXJA and while many people say that the forums and the information provided is reason enough for joining, we do our best to provide many other benefits of membership. NAXJA is a club first and fore-most and an online discussion site second. We strive to host 4-5 national events every year which all members are welcome to attend. These events are at the largest and best known OHV areas in the US and are typically multi-day events which include a BBQ and raffle. With the effort to establish more local chapters of NAXJA we are providing the members a way to meet with local XJers and participate in their own events outside of the national events.
When joining you are granted access to the members only forum, the membership news forum, the technical articles area, the forum archives area and you are granted several discounts with vendors. Many of our supporting vendors offer temporary or permanent discounts to our club Members. You will also recieve your membership card and club sticker.

I made a new recipe for my apple pie. It's a bit stronger and gave me bad gas. I'm taking a half gallon canoeing with some other members this Saturday. If anyone will be in the Mohican area they are welcome to join us!

Back