• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Crown Vic......

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Dodge no longer has their DriveSRT program so I can't get my thrills renting one of their cars at tracks across the country....... I've got the road course jones going bad, so keeping CHEAP as the main goal, I couldn't beat what the P71 Crown Vic offers for this kind of thing.

OK power, great brakes, great suspension. Pretty nimble car for it's size. Can't beat the price these can be had for either.

This one has only 84K miles on it, but what was even better - it was a patrol supervisor car for Ft. Collins PD with only 1174 running hours. Most patrol CV's get DEEP into the tens of thousands of running hours during their service.

Like all the others, this one was plagued with the water based paint peel issue. Just got it back from paint today. Since mama and insurance won't let me run the Hellcat on the track, I'll make this CV a tongue-in-cheek tribute to my Hellcat.

Anyhow, done to it so far:
-paint
-rear spoiler
-blackout headlights and corners
-new windshield (by prev owner)
-windows tinted (by prev owner)

Soon to be done:
-Accel high energy coil packs
-NGK plugs
-PowerStop Z26 slotted/drilled rotors and pad kits front and rear
-'04-'11 Mustang Cobra chin spoiler
-Hood vents of some sort
-Removable driver's headlight with CAI inlet plumbed for track days
-Painted wheels and 235/55/17 Nokian Z-Line summer stickies
-White face gauge cluster kit

If I take to this and get to running frequently, I'll have a 6 point cage and harnesses put in.

The day I got it - the good side...

Re2MBgv.jpg

The bad...

y9ZtSEfl.jpg

Paint done.

9FGqNJel.jpg

hr5aGdvl.jpg

Y95OyLCl.jpg

77uwHVil.jpg

C1188ZDl.jpg

NiHfY2nl.jpg

5z3EEuRl.jpg

Last edited:
I know a cage guy...

If I get really into running this thing, it's definitely on my list of later to do.

Is that a Maaco job? My OCD can't handle the missing door trim piece.

Too many bad experiences with MAACO and paint actually sticking to the car. MAACO will not warranty their paint jobs on 'Vics with the issues these have. I needed mechanical prep, not chemical prep for this car. So a craigslist goober did it. He gave me a 1 year warranty, a gallon of each paint, 4 aerosol cans to do touch ups or when I add things. It was painted in his garage and definitely a 20-footer. Some time wet sanding would improve it a lot, but I'm not a paint detail guy.

I'm considering adding the front door trim pieces. I wanted to remove the rears but for some reason, there's a 1" hole in the door under those..... NO idea why Ford put a hole there.

It's a track day car..... no big money being thrown at it because I'll get NONE of it back. It's gotta function and be fun, not a show car.

Yeah, I wanna see some videos, looks like it could be a lot of fun.

But you better change your sig or you're gonna fail!

The only reason I grabbed the 'Vic is because I have lots of seat time in them, overall they've been proven to be pretty damn reliable in abusive driving conditions, and no one values them enough.... so they're cheap!

And it's kinda fun having something NOT the norm.

Anyhow...... Super coils and NGK's installed.

VSgv6zLl.jpg

We're going to write "just one more Crown Vic..." on your head stone. :laugh3:

The instrument cluster is buried in a shadow box in the daylight, hard to see/read the instruments. So, white face kit.

ylvhMVql.jpg

K82CEutl.jpg

Teaser hood vent pics. Rugged Ridge meant for a JK. Gonna find someone with a large sheet metal shear and cut the back part off.

5rxuAjOl.jpg

HzFbtj1l.jpg

l299P6nl.jpg

X9qSzOml.jpg

Fb8zhbBl.jpg

Last edited:
I don't own one but have easy access to one near the Pepsi Center. How wide / thick?

Maybe 3' wide and typical car sheet metal thickness.

How fast can one drive around the Dunkin doughnuts parking lot ?
What is that you say, doughnuts around the doughnut shop???

Ya know, some people can handle all that sugar! ;)

Apparently I've had too many in my career as I'm now diabetic...... :mad:

Wanting to keep the tires/wheels I have as rollers to put on for winter storage (the Nokian's will likely flat-spot since they're so soft) so I had a buddy who manages a police fleet garage hook me up with 6 OEM steel wheels to mount the track tires on.

Unfortunately, 3 of the 6 are tweaked and not usable or won't balance in spec so I had to hit craigslist to look for some cheapie wheels - figured if I'm gonna throw money at the wheel issue, they should be lighter and allow good heat dissipation.

Found these for $230. A little blingy but they'll do the trick. Hoping to find 2 more, but they're no longer being made by the Mfg. so fingers crossed for another cheap used set.

I also found a pair of front door trim pieces on Ebay so those will need scuffed and painted and new adhesive tape applied, but that will help with the appearance. (can't remove the back door trim pieces, Ford put a 1" square hole in the door under those for some damn reason....)

Got the hood vent cut down so I'll need to paint that up as well and then cut the hood. Debating on if the vent should be gloss, or flat.

6lsh6jtl.jpg

FOSDPCel.jpg

CStYKqXl.jpg

B26AFsyl.jpg

These cars dont have over heating issues like XJs. lol
Keep in mind on the road course you are moving at decentspeeds, not crawling. Haha, for the love of God theres no need for them Troy.
Let's do a track day at pueblo soon, it a like $75 for an half day.

These cars dont have over heating issues like XJs. lol
Keep in mind on the road course you are moving at decentspeeds, not crawling. Haha, for the love of God theres no need for them Troy.
Let's do a track day at pueblo soon, it a like $75 for an half day.

I gotta avoid going to any event with you Anthony..... I'll get power-adder envy and want to throw stupid money at this dadgum Ford.....lol. Oh and you'll be mean to me about the shittay paint job I over paid for...... or maybe it'll compel you to wanna help a brutha out and buff out the bad spots..... :D

I'm down as long as it can be on a Thurs or Fri. When does Pueblo do their track days?

In the meantime...... ya'all can drool over my "hell-kitty".

iCjez6jl.jpg

Back