• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt-a-Road, July 8th!!!!!!

Hypoid

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Tic-toc, two weeks after the Kelly Flats run, two weeks before COFest...

Last edited:
Tic-toc, there will be some excitement on the mountain this year, a lot of this:

FS7121ampFS7122C_01.jpg
FS7121ampFS7122C_02.jpg

That would be awesome!

Hard hats for setting a fence post? How did I live this long? I want to, but.... :)

Hard hats for setting a fence post? How did I live this long? I want to, but.... :)

Hard head don't need no hard hat! :gee:

%&^* I was really hoping to make this run. Unfortunately I have to step it up and work all day. I'll get it up on facespace in a hope to recruit some n00bs.

What time did you want to meet at the trail head?

9:00 AM, meet at the Clear Creek Ranger Station, 101 Chicago Creek Road, Idaho Springs CO 80452

Please bring enough clothing for any weather condition, sturdy shoes, gloves, hat, and drinking water.

Food is open for discussion.

9:00 AM, meet at the Clear Creek Ranger Station, 101 Chicago Creek Road, Idaho Springs CO 80452

Please bring enough clothing for any weather condition, sturdy shoes, gloves, hat, and drinking water.

Food is open for discussion.

:guitar:

Do we have some decent pics of this trail? I'm going to try a different approach on the FB event this time.

:guitar:

Do we have some decent pics of this trail? I'm going to try a different approach on the FB event this time.

PM sent.

EDIT: For the record, we don't drive the switchbacks above Georgetown. Our adoption is highlighted in yellow.
attachment.php

SAXON ADOPTION (800x214).jpg

Last edited:
Is there cell service on this trail? My wife is on call but we might try and make it.

Service is kind of spotty: Some areas yes, other areas, no. There is a cell tower at the summit.

We will be installing the new sign boards I made, and posting fire restrictions on them.

Who is going?

Brant Wobig said:
Hey Mike,
We just went into Stage 1 Fire Restrictions, so first signs on your new boards will need to be our current regulations. Including no fires and no Shooting signs…good timing for your new boards, right? Hopefully, we will get some rain soon and you can install your adoption/Stay the Trail messages in the near future.

Be sure everyone volunteering has long pants, long sleeves, closed toe shoes, leather gloves etc. I can provide hardhats and all of the install tools. If one of you has a staple gun and staples that would be a big help too. I have staplers but ours will likely be busy this weekend putting in Fire Restriction signs across the district.
I might need to meet with a different volunteer group on Saturday but if I am not available, one of my guys will get you everything you need.

Last edited:
I hate to leave you high and dry as so many people cant make this run but the Cherokee had some issues with the front end and I did new U-joints and a new unit bearing on the passenger side tonight. Got it all back together and now I have a caliper that is not working and I am pulling hard into uncoming traffic when I hit the brakes. So I am probably not going to make it.

Back