• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WF ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tighter tech
getting badlands staff to let us in earlier
have a set location for the group pic, and let it be known

Section 3: Required Equipment for Event Participation
  1. :NAXJA: VERY HIGHLY recommends that all event participants have a CB Radio.

to

Section 3: Required Equipment for Event Participation
  1. :NAXJA: REQUIRE that all event participants have a CB Radio.

I am deaf but doable without one though. I can have one of my passenger (like my dad) to use the CB and let me know whats going on, etc.

More organized/tigher Tech.
This was partially my fault and is being addressed with WF Staff and MWC BOD.

More food? I mean the dinner was good, but a wing and a leg?

Yes there were seconds to be had but, I think you know what I mean.

Someone tell me if I'm out of line, I'm sure it was it was a slight undersight but for $15... Idk.

More food? I mean the dinner was good, but a wing and a leg?

Yes there were seconds to be had but, I think you know what I mean.

Someone tell me if I'm out of line, I'm sure it was it was a slight undersight but for $15... Idk.

Agreed they were very skimpy on the servings for 15 bucks.

I love Red Heeps Ideas. But I think Badlands will still need to see everyperson for the waiver signing unless they can trust NAXJA to do it for them.

The rest of the ideas...keep them coming guys, we ARE listening.

Rev

Yes we ARE listening. I have a spread sheet set up and we can only make this event better if we get input from the attendees. The WF Staff and BOD are listening and will look into the feasability of each item. As some items/requests may be out of our control, all of them will be looked at and given the same consideration until deemed otherwise.

Cheeseman-OUT!

this needs to be a longer event. the money spent preparing for and driving to, not to mention camping fees for a mud hole, we need more time. which means more fires too :D.

Required CB's for the hard group is not as much of a need as it seems for the larger groups, but not a bad idea.

we need to split groups more.

we made enough money to buy a megaphone which is an awesome idea.

the campground needs to drop their rates because it's becoming a sh!t hole. the shower/toilet house is horrable, they need to clean while we are there or we need to find another campground. I will drive from summers, which if they knew that we have this many campers now they may open early.

Brad and Neal and their turkey fryer ROCK!
the time has come to break up Green to beginners and moderate.

Thanks for bringing the turkey Bob, and thank Dawn for carving them for us. The rest of it is the easy part.

I agree that green was too big this year. We had two groups last year, and it seems like more people ran it this year so I don't know why we only had one. Nature kept trying to split us into two groups anyway! I am suggesting that we might split it by people who are attending WF for the first time and may not know all the rules (such as "clearing" people before they head over a hill) and people who have wheeling experience but don't have rigs capable enough for orange or who just want an easier trail ride that day.

tighter tech
getting badlands staff to let us in earlier
have a set location for the group pic, and let it be known

Set location and time for the pic would be awesome. Almost missed it last year because I had no idea where it was happening or when. And then this year I was there early only to find out that we were taking the picture from the other side. Not a huge deal (it's only a picture) but could easily be solved at the morning meeting on Saturday.

Overall though I can't complain, I think things went very smoothly.

The announcement (or lack there of) of the afternoon photo in the quary is 100% my fault because I forgot to mention it at the morning drivers meeting. I realized that after everyone had disbanded for their trails. My appologies. I was running around like a chicken w/ its head cut off trying to get things going and simply forgot. I will have a "checklist" that I read off next year at the drivers meeting so we dont leave as many things out as I did this year. With the shear size of the event and the number of attendees, it was much larger then any one we have had in the past, so there will always be a few "hick-ups" along the way. I believe that everyone had fun, no one got hurt and a good time was had by most. We, the WF Staff and BOD will continue to listen to any comments or concerns that will help to better this event for future reference. Thanks again for everyones participation in the event as well as in this thread. It is the people that make this event and this chapter what it is. :thumbup:

Cheese "the people are still speaking, and I am still listening" Man

Hey cheeseman while you're listening. Make sure you make atleast 20#s of bacon explosion next year. I'll pitch in for the extra pig :D

Thanks for the comments on "portion size".
Robie's is a good place. They have worked with us for more years than I been coming here. In their defense, the did offer "seconds" after everyone was served. And, it was announced by Tyler.
Robie's will take constructive criticism just as we will. We can discuss "portion size" with them in preperation for next year.

I also think Robies can work with us as far as location goes for next years dinner and raffle. It seems clear to me we have out grown the VFW. Maybe a place that has our own bartender.

keep the comments coming!

BOB

i would have to agree on a beginner group.

this was my first time wheeling, let alone driving a truck in the mud.

i honestly had no idea what i was doing. I did figure it out very very quick though.

thanks again for all the help too

maybe a summer event to teach newb's how to wheel?

and as far as the dinner, I don't think that was a problem. It was good food and for a meal of this nature it was fairly priced. and we had seconds, with dessert.

Last edited:
maybe a summer event to teach newb's how to wheel?

X2 :thumbup: Some of us make it down to Attica on a regular basis throughout the year, Dan. I'd like to hang out with first/second/third timers to get them through things. Even riding shotgun with them would be fun.

I agree with Dan too. There are a lot of us within a couple hours of the badlands. I need to follow someone who knows the trails a little better though! :D

I agree with Dan too. There are a lot of us within a couple hours of the badlands. I need to follow someone who knows the trails a little better though! :D

Maybe you can just replace them little BBs with some big brass clankers? :dunno:
At any rate, some of the hang-ups I had in my group were something little like a bit of the wrong line or just turning the wheels a different way. It's good to get these guys a bit more seat time to see the line they want to go and remember where their wheels are pointing.

Last edited:
I think we need a longer run on Saturday. We start on the trails at 10:00 and then break at noon for an hour for pics and lunch. I would suggest start trail rides at 10:00, break for lunch with your trail group on the trail then meet for pics at say 5:00 or so.

I also think we have out grown the VFW although I dont know where else in town we can house all these people for a dinner and awards. You may talk to Kyle at the Badlands and see if we can use the large barn that we use for Toys For Tots in December.

One last thing, Mission Impossible is over there. We can get at least 2 groups running over there. That property is not ALL hard core it can be a fun couple of hours for a moderate group.
Cardboard

One last thing, Mission Impossible is over there. We can get at least 2 groups running over there. That property is not ALL hard core it can be a fun couple of hours for a moderate group.
Cardboard

This has been discussed we didn't forget about it :)

mac 'we're on it!' gyvr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back