• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This years event count down has started......

If I can get my last projects done we'll be leaving tomorrow, so if anyone wants to wheel Saturday, see me in spot 66 across from cabin 5 at Slickrock by the morning. Thom

If the train's on time I might swing through SlickRock Sunday night 10/3 and see who's there. TriTip on the bbq? :chef:

Is there somewhere to top off gas tanks before Elephant Hill? Or are 5 or 6 gallon gas cans needed? I'm assuming the EH run would be the only one where extra gas might be an issue.

My real name is Tom, btw.

Is there somewhere to top off gas tanks before Elephant Hill? Or are 5 or 6 gallon gas cans needed? I'm assuming the EH run would be the only one where extra gas might be an issue.

There is a private place I think down there but I heard it's pricey. I didn't have a problem on one tank at Easter Safari (20gal, XJ on 35's with 4.88's).

Make sure ya bring the cameras for all the run off water falls! Still gotta fix leaky rear diff and will be good to go!

you suck! wish thats all i had left to do, i'll do mine later, gonna be a busy weekend plus i got WERock on sat.

If you fill up in Moab you won't need extra fuel...unless my jeep isn't the worlds worst XJ on fuel and yours takes my place. :D

I've always filled in Moab and got back to town with plenty to spare. I think you will be fine.

I'm working on it. Big project left to go is to replace my stock upper control arms with adjustables, along with the passenger axle bushing, and add a spacer to the front coils. If all goes well, my current plan is to arrive on Tuesday after a night near Cinnamon Pass on the way there. Looking at the weather for Lake City/Silverton, it looks like there is the possibility of snow on the pass, so we'll see. I've spent zero time in the high country this summer and it is bumming me out.

At this point, the important thing for me is that I am on vacation. Yippee!!

Packin' up and loading today. Rolling in 21 hours.

Just have to recover from 75 hours on the last week's timesheet.

Just checked the report. Now they are saying 30% chance of rain Monday-Wednesday and 60% Thursday and Friday.
WeatherUnderground shows a 20% chance of precipitation Wednesday through Friday.

Mike and encountered rain in CA, but it was only threatening in NV and UT.
Weather is nice in Moab. Possibility of rain during the week.

I am in Cabin 7.

Charles

I wish I was going

Back