• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ever lasting impression, story of a tick...

jeepgeek2002

NAXJA Forum User
Shaggybob .... was that deer tick bite? whats the news on that sucker?

Well today is day 4 and I'm still not sure what's up with it. Itches like hell though!

Seems to be fading but also looks like it may be getting a red spot in the center now. I've ruled out spiders, especially the brown recluse because it would surely be nasty 4 days later and it's not. Also a brown recluse would have come with fever and pain.

2010-07-05%2014.57.09.jpg

Probably a tick bite, but only time will tell if it was carrying Lyme disease.

The only up side is that most cases of Lyme disease involve the tick being attached for more than 24 hours, and with me running around in Teva's I would have known if it was there that long.

it looked like a bullseye when you showed it to me last time!
dont look that bad now...

Mark

Get to your doctor and get a round of antibiotics in case it is Lyme Disease. I contracted it on a NAXJA outing in Moab about 5 years ago. It comes back every year and I have to do the antibiotic treatment for 3-4 weeks.

its rare..bob gets the 1% ... if it is a deer tick bite..

I'm probably going to get it looked at tomorrow, just to be on the safe side...dammit

Better to get it checked out. I have one of my best friends in the hospital right now battling for his life!! Rockymount Spotted Fever! Didn't go until too late and his organs are starting to shut down! his feet are blue and he has bluish bruising all over his body. The doctors have been keeping him sedated since Sunday morning, his fever finally broke yesterday. Hopefully he makes a full recovery!!
Hopefully yours is nothing serious!!

I wish him a full recovery!

I went Tuesday afternoon to have it looked at, and they said it was just a tick bite, and nothing came with it. I kind of thought that was going to be the case, as I had none of the other symptoms arising, and it was looking better each day.

This morning the was almost no indication that it was there at all, so fortunately I escaped clean on this one.

I wish him a full recovery!

I went Tuesday afternoon to have it looked at, and they said it was just a tick bite, and nothing came with it. I kind of thought that was going to be the case, as I had none of the other symptoms arising, and it was looking better each day.

This morning the was almost no indication that it was there at all, so fortunately I escaped clean on this one.

Awesome, Glad to hear it. My cousin got bit by a tick a few years ago and ended up with Lyme disease. To make you feel better, I had sandals on all weekend and came out unscathed. I hate ticks! :puke:

Good to hear!!

Back