• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

***New Product Announcement*** IRON ROCK OFF ROAD 3 LINK!

Will get you a pictureI I remember reading that the crossmember actually, if memory serves, is 1 inch higher than the stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some pictures of the center section. It looks like the crossmember the holes of the transmission is about 2 inches below the rails.
d38e344cb839447e59cc8621a6cb7a99.jpg
722fb79b660909d2769970bda87df23c.jpg
8c04d10fb7d66a1554347fad0717dc4b.jpg
6a239f0c32f8543bc0855cf88833cfff.jpg

i hope so Slayer92. Only time will tell but the first test will probably be Prairie City.

It only looks like a 2 inch hang down from the frame of the jeep. I never checked but what did it hang down on the original equipment? I don’t have it installed anymore and I forget what they hang down the crossmembers.

good job Skipper ! Looks great ! cant wait to see you out on the trail again next year!

Skipper I have ordered the same kit as you. Did you upgrade the uca bolt on the axle side to the 1/2"?
Also what brand are your sliders?

SlowXJ I did not use a 1/2" bolt on the UCA and did not see that step in the instructions so I will look again. Thank you for the heads up. I just reused the bolt that was there. So far I think this long arm kit is the best out there but I'm bias. :)

I got these Double-tube XJ rocker guards
http://www.custom4x4fabrication.com/armor.html#xj 10 years ago for another XJ I never installed them on. I think they are great and work exceptionally well for me.

The bolt upgrade will not be in the instructions, but it is offered on the iro website. Shear strength is the concern in a control arm application and a 1/2" bolt has almost double the shear strength vs the factory 10mm bolt. Currie also makes this upgrade.

The bolt upgrade will not be in the instructions, but it is offered on the iro website. Shear strength is the concern in a control arm application and a 1/2" bolt has almost double the shear strength vs the factory 10mm bolt. Currie also makes this upgrade.

I never saw the upgrade either, but it certainly sounds good on paper

I ordered my 3 link from IRO during the Black Friday sale. If you want the 1/2" bolt option, just call them and order the 1/2" flex joint. That's what I did, and all you need to do is drill out the UCA to 1/2". Hopefully the whole kit is supposed to ship this week, can't wait for it to get here!

I ordered my 3 link from IRO during the Black Friday sale. If you want the 1/2" bolt option, just call them and order the 1/2" flex joint. That's what I did, and all you need to do is drill out the UCA to 1/2". Hopefully the whole kit is supposed to ship this week, can't wait for it to get here!

I would have done that but nowhere did I see that option on the site. I am bummed! I also looked through all 14 or so pages on XJ's to see if I could find it but with no success.
Iron Rock Off Road you should put that as an option there on the long arm page. :anon:

Ahh gotcha. I was a bit confused by that. I thought it was a special option. I think I'll do that, or at least get a 1/2" ID bushing

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I know Currie and IRO make a 1/2" flex joint for the axle end. Personally Im going to use a JK D30 bushing as it uses M12 vs M10 bolts for the same price as the stock XJ VS $50 for a flex joint. I only drive on curbs anyways, so I dont need all the flecks.

I have a currie Johnny joint in my axle so i drilled the uca to 1/2". Really digging the kit besides the royal PITA it is to adjust the caster and having to drop the crossmember to get the UCA out of the crossmember. But how often do we actually do it? Was also a little head scratcher seeing there's only 4 carriage bolts holding the center section on the outer sections of the crossmember

I did have an issue with the uca making contact with the driveshaft yoke under full compression on driver side. IRO has handled it well and has been in contact with me on the issue. Following the directions for arm length and caster angle when u installed it. I think it had the pinion too high. Gave it some more caster, dropping the pinion down a bit.

Reviving an older topic... I'm fairly pleased with the rock link arms. With that being said has anyone installed the coil conversion they offer? I feel like that would make for a comfy trail ride lol

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

As long as this is reopened----- I need to adjust my caster as Les Schuab wouldn't do it or just didn't do it when i got my alignment. Do i need to remove or drop the cross member? Cant i just take it off the axle and twist it from there?

I was not able to twist the upper link around to adjust it without removing, but the suspension was also not at full droop when I tried. I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread, if you don't want to remove the crossmember to get the upper link out, you can clearance the floors enough with a bfh to get the link out with the crossmember still installed.

So I didn’t need to remove the crossmember. What I did was jacked up the body on jackstands remove the front wheels, and let them sag as much as they could with my sway bar links disconnected. Then by removing the bolt at the body and the bolt at the axle I was able to twist it until I finally got the right length.

Back