• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "Hope I get it done by WF Oh-Ten" thread

buy me something while your at it!
:rtm:

Says the guy who's rig is already WAYYYYYYY more built than mine! :laugh3:

OK, as if I did not have enough going on at home/farm I have taken on a new project. I am going to pick up this weekend a 21' trailer that is a GN and has a small platform over the tongue. It appears to have beena camper of sorts, or the begining of a project at one time that wa abandoned. It has 2x8 main runners and decent cross bracing as well as brakes on the axles. I am going to do my best to reinforce the frame some more and deck it with 4x8 plate steel and then on the upper deck I am going to put plate steel on it and a small railing around it to haul coolers, tires parts etc. Now for teh grand daddy of the project, i am goingto see if I can mount a pop-up camper sideways across the front of the main deck. I know this was done on Xtreme4x4 blah blah blah, but I am doing it in the means of Xtreme Farm Fabrication :farmer: :D The campers are 6'8" and the flat on the trailer is 21', so I should have just enough room on the deck that I can get the XJ and camper mounted up. So, now I need to get it home and start the basic frame supporting and then will move on to decking and then hope to have the camper on it by Winterfest. Wish me luck.....scratch that, I am guided by a force much greater then luck......

Cheeseman-OUT!

Last edited:
haha, that you did! She said it has to be done "sooner then later" b/c she does not want an unfinished project "littering up her property"....somehow I am in the rankings of just the gardner around here now...wish I was the "pool boy" ;)

My list:

Get the front end fixed...check.
Change front axle shaft u-joints.
Install sliders.
Install tow hooks, again...check.
Weld spare tire carrier to roof rack...check.
Mount up roof rack...check...
Budget boost.
Get All-Terrains or better.
Get shocks...check.
Install D30 diff rock ring.
Get tie rod or my Krusty's track bar...check.
Install said track bar.
Get Oh-10 Cigars ordered.

Now I have to finish up the other items on the list and add a couple more.
Replace fan clutch assembly.
Install mechanical fan shroud.
Install Z34 hood vents.

Now I have to finish up the other items on the list and add a couple more.
Replace fan clutch assembly.

Get the ZJ HD one, it's only a few dollars more. It's tight getting it in but I think it's well worth it. I'll get a part # for you. JIM.

I'm going to hate myself for this as it's a lot of work, but...
Making a trip to Iron Rock Off-Road in a few weeks. I just may have a 5.5" long arm kit with me on the way back. Just bought a junkyard Dana 44 out of a waggy...so..

Gears/rear Detroit
rear axle swap
lift
34" LTB's

If I don't do it right away, I'm still fine with my 31" radial swampers and 3" Rough Country lift. I won't take it apart if I can't do it all at once. Sitting out/missing events due to vehicle tear downs sucks!

Project "try and make junk ass trailer work and look good" has met its demise already. Upon pulling the trailer out of the brush I looked under it more and the main runners/frame have rust holes through them. Not worth the effort to put into this project..so back to the drawing board. :(

Get the ZJ HD one, it's only a few dollars more. It's tight getting it in but I think it's well worth it. I'll get a part # for you. JIM.

NAPA part# 272310. JIM.

I would suggest AGAINST the HD fan assembly. At least the one that sticks out further towards the radiator. Ask me how I know its a bad idea.

Or the factory replacement one from napa with the "radiator death tabs" that stick straight out.

just bought a whole new jeep to get done by winter fest

it can be done...we are finishing a complete XJ makeover for Collin and between it being a stock craptastic rig 2 weeks ago, now it is lifted, has rear disc brakes installed, just received a new paint job and will be getting a few final touches in the coming week. Other then that, a decent build done in 3 weeks. Recruit some good friends and the sky (and your pocket book!) is the limit.....

Well, Add acquire lights for tail light boxes to my List. Thanks JCR! :D

Rewster..... pics or GTFO! :D

I already have the stocker I pulled at a local salvage yard. Maybe later. I dunno.

Got reman distributor installed, next is actually finding/purchasing lift kit... I'm goin 3in with stock tires (till i find some) It'll look goofy... but ohh well....

Got reman distributor installed, next is actually finding/purchasing lift kit... I'm goin 3in with stock tires (till i find some) It'll look goofy... but ohh well....

Rough country 3 inch series 2 with full packs! Talk to Jason!

Back