• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jenny creek. always be prepared.

drkstrurethane

NAXJA Forum User
this is gonna be a bit of a read...

on mon my coworker maciej thought up the great plan of us doing a "quick run" on jenny creek wed after we got off work. he just got a pathfinder that he wanted to test out and i was game. tue night i got the jeep all ready so we could leave right on time on wed.
on wed we left a little early from work and headed out. i had never been there and it was years since maciej had gone. we went the reverse way because its been said its more difficult that way. i got stuck in the second creek crossing, but i did get to use my winch for the first time and im very happy with that purchase! by this time its getting a little dark but no worries, my awesome gf got my kc lights for my bday. fast forward a bit after a few times winching maciej out of some mud and such and now we are in front of a giant snow drift that we wont be getting past. we decided it would be best to go back the way we came. after going down the trail a bit we realize we have no idea where we are. we drove around for quite some time getting more lost than ever and around 1 am i decided we are wasting time and gas (my gas light came on) and that we should sleep for a bit wait till light then get out. i always have water, blankets, a bit of food, and other random things in my jeep. aside from being very very cramped myself, my girlfriend and our 2 dogs in the back of the jeep werent too bad off. we woke up at 6 am when it was getting light. i put the bit of gas that was in my jerry can in the jeep, let the dogs do their thing and we headed off. its amazing how much easier it is to navigate through trails in the sunlight! we found our way out pretty quickly, got home at 10 am then my gf and me changed our clothes and went to work.

had i not had extra clothes, water, food, gas can, winch, it could have been a much worse time. learn from our stupid plan and always be prepared guys!
now its time to change the fluids in my diffs... too much time in that water.

It's amazing the way an "easy" trail, can turn into a long night.

The top is still snowed in?

Soooooooooooooooooo, where are the pictures??? :D

yeah... the spot just up a little from there is about double that one...

Pictures no worky for me. :(

At times, I hate how much space all of my "Just In case" crap takes in the Jeep, but those trips are exactly why I do it. Good job planning ahead with the extra gear.

Last edited:
Back