• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fat City Pre-Runner build

man thats an awesome truck, makin me miss mine tho :(

100_1230small.jpg

LOL :explosion

Ha!
Pretty much...

We drove it a hundred miles to Ocotillo. Drove better than factory.
Did about 50 miles of dirt Friday night where it absolutely kicked ass, couldnt be happier with the ride.
Saturday morning we woke up, got everyone moving and did about 25 miles before we got to the one spot I would need 4WD.

At some point, due to to much travel, the axles pulled on the stub shafts on the front housing untill they yanked the full circle clips that hold them in, off.

Trying to get up a rutted articulated hill climed I broke the 1310 yoke off the rear axle... No wheel drive...

I'm working on eliminating the disconect and have a 1350 Driveshaft with a slip being built today by Coast Driveline in Ventura.
Hope to have everything back together by Tuesday.

Had the front travel strapped at 16.5" but I'm going to re-strap it at 15"

Here's a pic of me jumping a tow truck... It was AWESOME!
freetowtruckrides.jpg

Damn that sucks it broke.... but it sounds like nothing major!! Truck looks really good.

selling the jeep Eric to build a truck?

I would love to move into a faster V8 class but the reality is that I have a 2 year old daughter that I want to devote more time to and racing takes up an un-real amount of time.

I've been building this truck with lots of camping and exploring with my wife and daughter in mind.
Plus, I really just want to win the 500 and the 1000 every year and I can always team up with someone else in their car.

Please find me a buyer. You cant buy the parts alone to be competitive for that much... :cheers:
http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/trader/atl.cgi?ct=5&md=second&id=8165

Last edited:
Back