• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fun with a cat, revisited...:D

Jump This

Just another minion!
I was visiting my sister (who is nuts about cats) and noticed that whenever she used her electric can opener her cats came tearing into the kitchen and these dumb asses would slide right across the floor and hit the wall or whatever was in thier way as they came looking for dinner.
(insert sly, evil laugh here!)
So, I take a role of duct tape and make 30 or so two inch circles (sticky side out) and place them on the kitchen floor...
Then turn on the can opener.....
sure enough, her cats come tearing into the kitchen and right into a mine field of tape!
Ever see a cat with tape on its paws? Or better yet, one that has slid and managed to get tape on its head?
I laughed so hard my sides hurt.....until my sister saw what was going on...
she hasn't talked to me since!

:roflmao:

Rick

(no cat where hurt in the making of this memory!)

Thats almost as funny as when they get peanut butter on their paws, dropped a full bottle and it smooshed all over the floor, lid rolled and the cat chased it right thru the peanut butter and FROZE in place like someone had thrown a switch. Rolled on to her back, paws in the air and started sniffing and then licking, ever see a cat with peanut butter in their mouth, thats even funnier. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. That exercise took about 2 hours... it was the last jar or peanut butter too so I had to put the ritz back...

Years ago we had a cat that would come tearing into the kitchen and jump up at the can opener (it was a big hand cranked commercial one mounted on a window seat), until one day my ex accidentally cut the tip of his ear off with it. She was mortified, but it didn't even slow the cat down.

You'd think after ten years or so, the prospect of another can of Super Supper would cease to be so exciting.

A while back I had our longhair going hard around the house trying to catch the laser pointer. I pointed it across the floor and into the bathroom settling on the wall behind the tub. She went flying in there and leapt right up against the wall and immediately fell back into a tub full of water. My wife had run a bath before I came home from work and had left it to cool. I honestly had no idea, but had a good laugh at our poor soaked kitty. Poor little bugger looked just like a drowned rat...

:D

Beej said:
A while back I had our longhair going hard around the house trying to catch the laser pointer. I pointed it across the floor and into the bathroom settling on the wall behind the tub. She went flying in there and leapt right up against the wall and immediately fell back into a tub full of water. My wife had run a bath before I came home from work and had left it to cool. I honestly had no idea, but had a good laugh at our poor soaked kitty. Poor little bugger looked just like a drowned rat...

You hateful SOB!
Who would do such a thing to a little kitty?

And don't think anyone believes you didn't know the tub had water in it!

Rick

When the cat needs a bath we just turn on the shower, close the 3/4 shower door and drop the cat in over the top. She agitates for a few minutes, we close all the bedroom doors then open the shower door and stand back. Seems to work. Never figured out how to get shampoo on her though, I was thinking a old style mop and bucket dipped in already lathered shampoo but so far have not tried it...

RichP said:
When the cat needs a bath we just turn on the shower, close the 3/4 shower door and drop the cat in over the top. She agitates for a few minutes, we close all the bedroom doors then open the shower door and stand back. Seems to work. Never figured out how to get shampoo on her though, I was thinking a old style mop and bucket dipped in already lathered shampoo but so far have not tried it...

jeeze. If it stinks, throw it outside.

Some might remember back a few months when a cat had a litter of kittens in my shed, and how my 15yo dog had it out with the mama cat. Well, Seri finally convinced the whole brood to move on so, in the end, I didn't have to do anything about it - I thought.

A couple of weeks ago Seri was back in the shed, barking. What has she got now, I thought. Dayamm! Two of the kittens, now grown, had decided to pay a visit back to the ol' family home. Oh, no ya' don't. I went over to the side of the house and came back with the hose. Here kitty, kitty. Now, the shed (of course) is full of crap: toys, storage bins, bicycles, lawn mower, old doors we took off the house when we replaced them with those expensive ones. Where are the cute little kitties hiding? Behind the doors? <squirt> No. Behind the Little Tykes plastic picnic table and the stupid giant plastic snowman? <squirt> "ROOUURR!" Out shoots a cat! Man, those things are fast! Around the storage bins and under the lawn mower (No. I had no thoughts about starting the mower. Y'all are sick :D ). Get the nozzle down low <squirt> under the mower. "ROOUUWW!" Out come both cats. The other little chit had been hiding under the mower from the start. Through the bikes and behind the doors. Oh, no you don't. <squirt> "ROOUURR!" Around we go, again.

About five minutes of that and they were both soaked. They finally took the hint and beat a retreat out the hole in the wall (I need to do some work on that shed). So far, they haven' t been back. They were cats, and it was fun, so I figure that qualifies as "Fun with a cat." Well, two cats really.

Come on, we all know you started the mower and were done with it. The only reason you had the hose out was to wash the blood and kitty bits out of your shed...

Beej said:
Come on, we all know you started the mower and were done with it. The only reason you had the hose out was to wash the blood and kitty bits out of your shed...

Actually, I washed it all down into the secret chamber under the floor of the shed where I tie up all my little...um.. oh. Never mind.

TapeCat.gif

:D Billy

JeepFreak21 said:

Here PETA, PETA. Heeere PETA, PETA. Mummy's got a nice juicy little Jeep fanatic for you.

I was talking to my brother about you sick bastards and he reminded me of the time when we were kids that we took a sheet of tinfoil and crinkled it along our cat's tail. I've never seen a cat walk on its front paws before or since...

JeepFreak21 said:

If you pull the cats tail between its legs and tape it to its stomach, the do real good backflips trying to get it unstuck.

Good times.......

XJLaredo said:
If you pull the cats tail between its legs and tape it to its stomach, the do real good backflips trying to get it unstuck.

Good times.......

Do you wear welder's gloves when you do that, or drug the cat? Last time I pulled on a cat's tail I was about 7. I learned my lesson.

Back