• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "Hope I get it done by WF Oh-Ten" thread

Awesome, swing by Worcester on the way or something. There's a good crew out here, about a dozen guys have shown up for both of the events lobsterdmb has run.

Hope that cruise works for you, IN to MA (and vice versa) is a hell of a trip.

I have a set of axles begging me to work on them... but the money is still screaming at me. Rear 60 is almost ready to be assembled, all I have left for that is a locker, shafts, install kit, and some other small parts. Front 44 is another story. All I have there is the housing and knuckles. Still need tires then, got some blingin H2 rims already.

What I NEED to do:
-buy and install recovery points
-install CB radio
-buy and install fire extinguisher

What I WANT to do:
-swap in new axles with 3.55 gearing (since my 5-speed has 3.07)
-lift it 3"
-mount my 31s
-get skid plates for t-case and gas tank

Man, you guys with the mauals are lucky... your deeper gear ratios are available in any junkyard ever in stock axles...

OK add to my list a New Jeep! :(

Updated list again...Get the front end fixed...check.Change front axle shaft u-joints.Install sliders.Install tow hooks, again...check.Weld spare tire carrier to roof rack...check.Mount up roof rack...check...Budget boost...check...Get All-Terrains or better.Get shocks...check...and installed...check.Install D30 diff rock ring.Get tie rod or my Krusty's track bar...check.Install said track bar...check...Get Oh-10 Cigars ordered. Replace fan clutch assembly...check.Install mechanical fan shroud...check.Install Z34 hood vents. Finish the install on my fog lights...Pull pinch seams straight for sliders...Get the springs and coils from Brendan and put them on...Install T-case drop kit...The list keeps getting longer and longer.
Edit: Install t-case skid coming today.

I have a nice shop that is well stocked w/ tools etc, but I am a bit of a drive for most. The offer is on the table, if anyone wants to have a wrench fest at my shop it is open for the invite. It is heated, plenty of works space for a few rigs at the same time, cold beverages, hot dog machine and nachos are on the house......PM if someone wants to get something going.

Cheeseman-OUT!

Maybe we should have a Wrench fest weekend about a month before Winterfest. Who has the most garage space that could Host?

Thoughts...

how about regional wrenchfests? I have a heated garage in Fort Wayne, IN and if I don't have a current project I could get 3 to 4 in here...

mac 'closer than Kansas' gyvr

how about regional wrenchfests? I have a heated garage in Fort Wayne, IN and if I don't have a current project I could get 3 to 4 in here...

Wow thats a Haul there Mac! :eek:

I like that idea Mac. I know that since the MWC is so spread out that one local wrenchfest that is centeralized is still a 8+ hour trip for some members. Anyhooo, my shop is still open for who ever wants to use it.

Cheese "located on the Missouri/Iowa border" Man

new on my list.

cb radio
rear bumper with tire carrier
sliders
and if i can find one with disks an 8.8 (fingers crossed)

of course, it all depends on how much $ ill have at the time when i find the deals haha

we should be able to get to crackin' on that rear bumper in the next week or two....maybe a front bumper as well :dunno:

Build TCase skid
Weld cage to floor
Swap winch bumpers from '91 to '96
Purchase remote for TMax winch
Install CO2 bottle bracket
Build rear tire carrier
Install swaybar (hoping Santa brings an Antirock)
Swap stereo into '96 so the Sirius works
Install CB and tune antenna
Install seats and harnesses (sitting in the kid's bedroom)
Buy another trailer
Drive :)

Front axle seal is leaking
Front inner hub bearings make noise with the hubs locked
Oil pressure gauge still doesn't work right from the swap
Weld frame stiffeners in
Swap my OT gas tank skid in
Move the rear axle back to the last hole on the perches
Install the remote box for my CB, swap the 3 foot antenna and tune
Swap battery cables and ANL fuse box in
Swap yellow top in
Move TMax winch from AJ's bumper to Detours bumper
Install lower door bars and tube from the top to the C-pillar
Shorten the draglink and get an alignment
Weld in front swaybar mounts
Swap Durango steering box in
Replace rear shackles with something shorter
Install front limit straps and bumpstops

Man, the list got longer when I got home and walked around the Jeep for the first time in 6 months. I need to get to work.

It's for sale. See swap meet thread. If I can get the jeep out of the garage today, I'm going to get a picture up for the people who asked for it.

Back