• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting Out a 1997 Cherokee and some 1986 XJ/MJ Parts

smartazz19

NAXJA Forum User
Got a parts jeep with lots of good parts on it. Let me know what you want and ill see if its left and get you a price. Or offer me something. Its still pretty much complete at this point. But this is what is missing: fenders/hood/header panel/bumpers/tranny. It was a SE Model (base)4.0L Automatic 2x4.

Also got some parts off a 1986 Comanche(will fit Cherokee, see below).

1986 Comanche Parts:
Hood
Rt Fender
Left Fender
Front Bumper
Header Panel
Headlight bezels
Grille
Turn Signals
Side Markers
Bench Seat
Roll Bar
Fog lights

1997 Cherokee Parts:
Rt Door (2-door model)
Lft Door (2-door model)
All Glass (2-door model)
Hatch
Back Seat
Chrysler 8.25 29-Spline
4.0L Engine (let me know how complete you want it)
Leaf Springs
U-bolts/blates
Brake lines
Gas tank
Taillights
All interior panels
Dash
Gauges
AC Controls
Radio
Steering Wheel
Air bags
Headlight/dimmer switch
turn signal combo switch
Visors
Windshield
Engine computer
Transmission Computer
Engine Wiring Harness
Intake Manifold
Exhaust Manifold
Injectors
Fuel Rail
Throttle Body
TPS
IAC
Air box
Cross member
CPS
Alternator
AC Compressor
Dryer
Lines/Condensor
Battery
Power Steering Pump
Steering Gear Box
Steering Shaft
Front Control Arms
2wd Axle
Coil Springs
Leaf Springs
All 4 shocks
Tie Rod
Drag Link
All Weather Stripping
Muffler
Catalytic converter
Starter
Flywheel
Transmission mount/bracket.
2wd Driveshaft
Hubs
Calipers/Rotors
Power brake booster and master cylinder

(if its not on the list ask, but if it is on the list, I still have it)
Also have 2 sets of stock jeep wheels. One set silver, one set is black. $50 a set.

Parts located in Acworth, GA

Last edited:
what color is the interior? do you have the drivers seat from the 2door? how much for the ac compressor? are the rear hatch struts in good load holding order, if so how much?

fuel pump/sender?

i need the two rear interior panels in the cargo area on the sides - one where spare tire is and other with the "pocket" shipped to 39202 please!

Tail lights $20 a pop
Cat $50, its pretty new
Fuel Pump and Sending unit $40, works for sure..

FYI for everybodys knowledge. The 97 XJ ran and drove fine before it was parted, i used it for body parts on my MJ.

im gonna call dibs on the pump. pass. rear brake light assembly? let me figure out when ill get it. i may get some more stuff from ya.

i'm in for the tail lights, $30 for both? if not both, i really need the passenger. mine is cracked pretty bad, and only one bolt is holding it on...
and R_jeep could possibly pick them up for me, if i don't go...

I need the a/c compressor. Let me know when I can come get it. I am in Powder Springs.

Also, I am guessing the rear axle is a D35 right. If it is a 8.25 please let me know. Thanks.

I will be tearing it apart Saturday 3/29 If anbody wants to come over saturday for parts please let me know. I can PM you my address and cell phone. FYI im in Acworth, GA 30101

aparke4 said:
i need the two rear interior panels in the cargo area on the sides - one where spare tire is and other with the "pocket" shipped to 39202 please!

You are going to have to take a picture to make sure i sent the right stuff. $60 shipped? I dont know how big a box it will be, but that should cover it and all the panels hopefully.

R_jeep said:
im gonna call dibs on the pump. pass. rear brake light assembly? let me figure out when ill get it. i may get some more stuff from ya.

Sounds good. Fuel Pump. Pass Taillight. (small box shipping shouldnt be much, unless you want more stuff)

Dirt said:
How much for the AC lines coming off the compressor?

$30 for both, including the dryer.

MELKORsXJ said:
i'm in for the tail lights, $30 for both? if not both, i really need the passenger. mine is cracked pretty bad, and only one bolt is holding it on...
and R_jeep could possibly pick them up for me, if i don't go..

Thats fine. Is the one he called dibs on for you? Im not sure, you guys can work it out, but he called dibs.. ??

MSPi said:
I need the a/c compressor. Let me know when I can come get it. I am in Powder Springs.

Also, I am guessing the rear axle is a D35 right. If it is a 8.25 please let me know. Thanks.

AC Compressor $40
It is a 8.25 29-spline, 3.55s $150obo
FYI i live really close to Powder Springs. I live right on the line of Acworth/Powder Springs/Marietta off of Due West Road

yeah, R_jeep called me to make sure i still needed it, and then he got dibs on it here first... but it's intended for me. either way, we'll work it out. i think R_jeep is planning on driving down there saturday, and i might be able to go with him... don't know yet.

MELKORsXJ said:
yeah, R_jeep called me to make sure i still needed it, and then he got dibs on it here first... but it's intended for me. either way, we'll work it out. i think R_jeep is planning on driving down there saturday, and i might be able to go with him... don't know yet.

Cool. Yall come on. Its 1-1.5 hours to my place from Chatanooga.

userbmx1315 said:
which guage cluster does it have? looking for one with the needles, gas tank skid?

Its got the dummy lights. Not the "full" guage cluster.

If anyone wants the 8.25 but doesn't need the shafts - I could pick up the axle this weekend, keep the shafts, and split the cost with you.

Georgia Mike said:
How much for the engine, minus accessories & fuel injection (I only need the block, rotating assembly, & head)?

$150? Since you dont need all that other junk..

fast64 said:
If anyone wants the 8.25 but doesn't need the shafts - I could pick up the axle this weekend, keep the shafts, and split the cost with you.

No problem, but i think BruceB83 is picking up the whole axle.

P1atinum said:
do you have the door tweeter pods? from the 97'

Nope. Sorry.

BruceB83 said:
PM'd ya about the axle.

Got ya back. Consider it sold.

Back