• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's Jeep that will take longer than Rob's to build thread...

I fired it up at one point this winter and did some donuts in the back yard. Acquired a nice slide on camper that I've been looking for to fit my specs. Built a subframe setup so I can easily pull it off the trailer with a forklift. Side box has all the wheeling supplies. And lastly goodbye hoodstack!! Cut up some tailpipes and added a rear muffler

2hmpyci.jpg

k36crk.jpg

ne6oo.jpg

2hsal4o.jpg

Final prep is going on, wheeling trip to Tennessee in less then two weeks!!

8 days and 2300 miles later, the Tennessee trip was a success. Did 2 days at Adventure Offroad Park and 2 days at Golden Mountain. Truck did good, camper was nice, and even the Jeep faired okay. Little flop on day 2, traction bar snapped shortly after. Barrel rolled and dented the DS A-pillar later in the day. Beginning of day 4 the leafs weren't happy and I junked the yoke/joint.

14dlt9k.jpg

xlcmms.jpg

2rzbc6r.jpg

2nu7lgj.jpg

2q32fsk.jpg

1086795.jpg

So I've had all the stuff laying around to do the rear 4 link, but have been going by the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" theory. Well, I guess now it's time to cut the frame/floor out from the behind the seats and chop the damn bumper off the ass. Also thinking ARB and double spline shafts in the 14b.

And then today I noticed this. I knew I should have built a brace the first time around. It's just starting, probably from this trip. I'll grind/weld the bracket and weld a solid brace across.

dr77tl.jpg

Let's just start slowly.....opps I cut some stuff off!

2n031hh.jpg

v68c39.jpg

2yxnc5u.jpg

Started cleaning up the tubes on the 14b. Still need to clean off the brake flanges and make room for the LCA mounts. The Sway-A-Aways fit perfectly into the shock hoops, time will tell if the spot will be useable.

2pq1379.jpg

2u47sd0.jpg

Went and pulled another 14b from the junkyard to swap SRW hubs on. Got the tires in and position mocked into place, looks like 5-6" back and something like 112" wheelbase. Still trying to decide what I wanna do with these hoops, I think I can keep then and just build new upper tabs to get better placement. The truss will go all the way out to include air bump pads and integrated coilover mounts.

2prcny1.jpg

160to9l.jpg

2yuyu53.jpg

14nph20.jpg

looks like you have a solid plan.

I'm glad you're keeping the rig alive.

try using 1.5" OD DOM instead of 1.75" in areas where you are more likely to get dents. the tighter radius will not dent as easily.

I put a 2X4 cross member at the B pillar and top of the frame rails. May be that would line up with the ends of the cage tubes?

Looking good man. Following along as I plan on doing something similar.

Back