• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's happening....

standard.jpg

Met Adam Savage from Mythbusters and got to help out on an episode of his new show.

Thats awesome, whats the show about ?

The show is called “Being Savage” and looks like it’s going to be similar to Mythbusters. Make stuff, test stuff, break stuff. Not sure when it will air.

Wagoneer is getting closer. New tires today. Going to get painted soon.
2b737d5c815e03b63e80e7fdfc308b08.jpg
654eb1e4be5233dfd7871d5ea11e29cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wagoneer is getting closer. New tires today. Going to get painted soon.
2b737d5c815e03b63e80e7fdfc308b08.jpg
654eb1e4be5233dfd7871d5ea11e29cd.jpg

Hey, cool. Those are the same tires I just picked up for my heep. I picked up a set of 5, 37x12.5r17's for $840 with 1 brand new and the other 4 with less than 300 miles on them. Everything I've seen leads me to believe they are great tires on and off road. I'm looking forward to getting my 17" wheels to get these mounted up and then try them out (if I have enough clearance. I may have to trim some and/or move my front axle back just a bit. :dunno: )

I passed my HAM exam this weekend. (Technician)
Unfortunately, I have to wait indefinitely for my call sign due to government shut-down.

Update: got my callsign yesterday. KM6YWM

bump whats new? I need to fix a window track in the wagoneer driver door and make some time to paint this thing.

I am still working on a gross vacuum leak. I think I need to drop my tank and replace the hose to the fill tube. This means taking off my bumper and gas skid first so I need to wait for some clear weather.
I also have a new drivers side window control cluster, new console switch control cluster, and some cheap fender flares to keep the mud from the roads around here from coming in an open window.

The Jeep hasn't moved in many months sadly.. :( but she'll be ready for Reno of course!

In other news, I was up in Canada last week snowboarding which was a blast!

Bought a Diesel Colorado which is slowly getting built into an overland rig. So naturally I have been neglecting the Jeep. However now the Jeep will be a dedicated trail rig so that opens up some possibilities....35"s maybe?

The diesel colorado is very cool

those are some awesome pics !

This looks like a great trip Jes. So beautiful out there with all the colors in the mountain rocks.

Awwww ... Riders of the Purple Sage!!!
How appropriate and creatively original is that for your gang of outlaws ... is that a famous filming site for a scene in the movie where you are dining? I haven't seen the Zane Grey movie yet to know.
I'm now inspired I think I'll watch it tonight!

Back