• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rebuilding a 4.0

I decked the block on mine and I am running H802CP pistons. I am running an old Crane cam and a Clifford header with 2.5" exhaust. I over bored the throttle body as well. I love it. It runs on any grade gas with no ping and I have 250k miles on it.

My best recommendation is to get an AFR gauge and install it on your vehicle. I find it helped dial things in the best. Mine is a Renix and I run a MAP adjuster I designed myself and I can dial the fuel exactly where I want it without a dyno and it has helped me catch a bad sensor a couple of times that would throw the computer into open loop mode. When everything is dialed in, I get 21mpg on the freeway on long trips and 18 mpg pulling my teardrop.

Where are you at with this?

Anything ever happen with this ???

Anything ever happen with this ???

long story short, this has become a fixture in the corner of the garage for the time being. I ended up getting a screaming deal on an LS, so that's what I've been working on.

Fc5xYraSUTdqRezY31GyPXPiK1ts4vjEzuTx5NBMQASNo10MXLTZ8UScp8JnWDQcrZ5oLsKIh2zhLdSm-s8-TfWGntrs6hvOW7J79m4QoDnFfWO5pCE3EPrBnrTOOVMU3Hg0-PioK_4=w1920-h1080

Back