• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Get out and Vote.

Russ Pottenger

NAXJA Forum User
Regardless of your political party or social positions, we are in a critical time in our nations history. Make your voice count. Please take the time to vote.

:patriot:

^ X2. I will be voting after work today.

I have been trying to figure out who the better candidate is, no luck so I guess I'll work backwards from the worst and see who is left:) strange times

This is a priveledge that most countries do not have.

I just got back!

Every vote counts. Vote AGAINST someone if you have to.....

:us: :us: :us: :wantyou: :wantyou: :patriot: :patriot:

Skullvarian said:
I have been trying to figure out who the better candidate is, no luck so I guess I'll work backwards from the worst and see who is left:) strange times
No kidding. This is the first election in a long time that I have no clue where to put my check mark.....

Sign in, go into the booth... and leave the sucker blank... still shows you arrived to vote..

rpraterxj said:
Every vote counts. Vote AGAINST someone if you have to.....
That is VERY dangerous! As that might get the worst of all choices elected. I remember reading an article about that happening someplace where folks were voting against a candidate and they voted for who had no chance for winning and guess who won......

Kejtar said:
That is VERY dangerous! As that might get the worst of all choices elected. I remember reading an article about that happening someplace where folks were voting against a candidate and they voted for who had no chance for winning and guess who won......

EVERY action has a consequence...LOL I agree this is NOT the best way, nor is it how I voted...:shhh:

I was at my polling place at 7:30 this morning. I don't think I've ever been in that place after 8am.

Just curious... does NAXJA do any reasearch and endorse candidates that have positions aligned with off-roading enthusiasts?

ocean_jet said:
Just curious... does NAXJA do any reasearch and endorse candidates that have positions aligned with off-roading enthusiasts?

No, but it's pretty easy to figure. Those candidates who support green groups will be unsupportive of recreationists. Unfortunately, the green groups are very well recognized and extremely well funded, and have a lot of political clout. During the Clinton years we lost a lot of trails. Many people don't like Bush, but he was good for recreationists and filled many administrative positions with people who were not against us. If Hilliary gets in we're going to have some bad years as far as our sport goes..........worse than it already is.

Heh.

Fox News invites you to watch McCain live in "Sand Diego."

McCain.jpg

:D

I try to vote early (as I did today) and wear my 'I voted' sticker on the brim of my hat all day. Sometimes you need to make a few calls to your friends to remind them to study the issues then vote.

Rick

Anyone else here suffering from electile dysfunction?.....its the inability to get excited about any of our candidates. Heard that on KFI lol.

They all suck. I voted anyway.

I've been following the elections very closely and usually vote for the most conservative as they are usually more in line with my way of thinking, that being said I was set to endorse Fred Thompson but, with him dropping out I voted for Romney and truly believed that he would do the best job of running this country. With his withdrawl (he lost alot of the evangelical christian votes due to his being Mormon), it now looks like Mc Cain will get the nomination and he was actually the last guy I would have picked (he is almost as liberal as the democrats on alot of issues) however, not voting for him (alot of true conservative feel the same way) would almost assure Hillary or the other knucklehead, Obama the Whitehouse so come election day, it is very important to get out there and vote! Even if you don't like Mc Cain, not voting would be a vote for the opposition. If you haven't noticed, I am a staunch Republican as I hope anybody that owns guns and loves the freedom of offroading is, also--------Hans

Last edited:
Back