• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
It would be interesting to know what people are doing on their rigs. You might find someone to help or maybe someone with parts you need.

I'll start it off.

Currently I am working of finishing off my remote reservoir for my power steering pump for my hydroassist.

I am also working on a suck down winch.

Frank, I have a pin welder for pulling sheetmetal if you want to borrow it. I also have a full line of DAs and inline sanders as well. Compressed air rules when doing body work.

Control arms are being delivered this week. Was going to post up and see who's got time/room to help me do a upper/lower/drop bracket install next weekend.

Also, kicking around the idea of selling a few items to free up some $ for regear/locker install. May even end up with enough $ to buy a set of BOR leafs and shackles.

Then some armor...

and then...

At some point in the near future (I need to order some parts first) I need to replace the cat and muffler. Whoo-hoo..the joys of owning a stocker! :D

Jim www.yuccaman.com/jeep

Well my list for Jeep #1 is
Fix the front locker
Fix the tie rod bent at French Creek while trying to get through it in the rain. Old Man remembers that winch fest.
Install the bling power steering pump and remote res that's been sitting in the shop since Spring.
A general going over/service.

Jeep#2
A total detail inside and out
Budget boost with some nice wheels and 31's

Now that the BOR rig runs........

-Install RE track bar bracket brace
-Install Durango steering box and hydro assist
-Figure out if I have a bent wheel or out of round tire up front
-Finish the re-install of the stereo components after the cage install
-Replace and seal up the oil filter adapter
-Replace the fuel gauge sending unit, probably a new pump since I'll be in there
-Weld on the nifty new sway bar mounts that I got from a Pirate4x4 guy to the axle
-Figure out where to mount the CO2 tank
-Fab up a rubber bushing support mount on the hatch to help keep the rear tire carrier from wiggling
-Fab up legs to the bases of the roll cage to tie into the unibody stiffners
-Finally replace that dented front fender
-Make a decision about if the new Bushwhackers are gonna go on or not..... and then what I'll do for flares if not......

And then........ and then...... :D

Im working on getting money for an AJ's rear tire carrier, Super Squares, and a T&T crossmember/ t case skid..............AND some H1 double beadlocks/ 37" military Goodyear radials.

I had the money set, but then I went ahead and got me a '91 Grand wagoneer! God the addiction never ends :banghead:

Im working on getting money for an AJ's rear tire carrier, Super Squares, and a T&T crossmember/ t case skid..............AND some H1 double beadlocks/ 37" military Goodyear radials.

I had the money set, but then I went ahead and got me a '91 Grand wagoneer! God the addiction never ends :banghead:

See, I ain't the only one! :gee:

-Paint plastic trim
-Deal with headlight lenses
-Build and install axles
-Find and install lift
-Find and install wheels/tires
-Install sound system
-Build and install armor

now that ive recouped all the parts that went into "dino's" front axle ill be installing my axles and gears/lockers in mine. total revamp on hers....exhaust front to back, suspension, tires etc
combining this
IMG00336.jpg

and this
IMG00137-20101028-1015.jpg

Putting flat screens underneath so the rocks can watch tv
Adding a fold out, full size snooker table to the hatch
Adding LED spinners a la http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL9PU08Xuwo (skip to 55 seconds)
cause I've been playing this game non-stop lately

pimp-my-ride-game-2.jpg

But really, replacing front pinion seal and putting a PS cooler somewhere safe.

Kind of sketched about the pinion seal replacement, but I assume I'll be relatively safe counting the rotations and then going a little past when re-tightening. (anyone have any words from experience on this?)

getting all this stuff installed:

c5677e99.jpg

then, just waiting on gears to get put it. my SFF steering should be done around same time.
also waiting for my SOLID diff cover for the 30 to show up as well.
then gonna be doing bumpers winch 35"Kevlars and front locker....

Mine is on hold, it works very well as is!! Saving money for a wedding...... :D

I replaced my speakers on my sound bar recently with some sweet aftermarkets with tweeters. They are Pyle. They sound absolutely freaking awesome! They were only $45 I think off of amazon. They may end up being 'Piles' of crap LOL! But they look and sound great for now!
10e1vdz.jpg

The silver is some extra insulation to improve sound quality.
2zf0uty.jpg

Pic. from the front.
16k7vjt.jpg

Really crappy pic. after install.
2w703fl.jpg

Back