• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Flog - Uwharrie Edition - November 5

Current forecast for Troy NC shows upper 60s on Saturday, upper 30s at night

That is going to be fun camping weather!

I will be there. What time/where are we meeting? I'm trailering the Heep.

I'll be at site 18 in Arrowhead. Tim will chime in but we usually meet at the Eldorado outpost around 9 or 10.

Let shoot for 9am at the outpost. I'll probably stop by your campsite first Glenn and drop my stuff off.

Tim, are you good with the $100 from the chapter? You using the checkbook? I can paypal you some if need be. Just let me know.

9 am it is. I'll see yall there. I'll be bringing my camera and will most likely be riding/walking all day. My girlfriend will be doing most, if not all, of the driving on this trip.

I have the other chapter credit card, so i'll just put it on that and send you the receipts Dirk.

Not sure what CB we'll be on. I actually just remembered my CB doesn't work. Maybe I can fix that before the trip. I'll definitely have my FRS radio though, no matter how much Glenn hates it.

I have the other chapter credit card, so i'll just put it on that and send you the receipts Dirk.

Not sure what CB we'll be on. I actually just remembered my CB doesn't work. Maybe I can fix that before the trip. I'll definitely have my FRS radio though, no matter how much Glenn hates it.

Bring a second. They don't work well when people put them in pockets....... What is the count up to now?

Looks like 9 total. Should be a good ride. Does anyone have any special requests for trails or is everyone up for whatever?

Can you find out what it would cost to run Big Creek? Or do they have something going on there Saturday?

Big Creek is set up in advance and is generally $30 per rig with a 10 rig minimum. There have obviously been exceptions. I have emailed Scott about it and will let y'all know as soon as I hear from him.

It's gone up in price so my above statement is wrong. It's now a $450 for up to 10 rigs and then $45 per additional rig up to 30. Needs to be scheduled in advance so I can't get it for this weekend.

What is Big Creek?

It's a private property trail system. It's very tight. Scott Fields uses it for off-road driving training, both military and civilian.

What are the laws for conceal carry while in Uwharrie park? I hold a VA CCW permit and seldom go anywhere without one.

It's federal property. As long as you hold a CCW you're fine to conceal. For anyone that doesn't have a CCW but feels the need to carry, open carry is allowed.

What are the laws for conceal carry while in Uwharrie park? I hold a VA CCW permit and seldom go anywhere without one.

Yes NC is an open carry state. If I get a holster for my .38 I plan on having it.

What is Big Creek?

It's another area not far from URE that Scott uses for his events and 4wd classes. I've kicked around doing something in conjunction with URE for a weekend event but have never checked on pricing.

Back