• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aaron "FlexdXJ" Thompson

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
It's once again with a heavy heart that I announce NAXJA has lost another well known member. Aaron passed away this morning unexpectedly. He was a member of the Midwest Chapter, but was always at the SEC's Cherokee Crawl and supported our chapter just as much as he did his own. I had the pleasure of meeting Aaron when I attended my first Crawl about 5 years ago, and we've become very good friends since, talking on an almost daily basis. For those who didn't know, Aaron was dealt a pretty rough hand in life and overcame a lot. He never let his disability stop him from getting out and enjoying the things he loved. A lesson that I think we can all learn from him.

Please keep Aaron's friends & family in your thoughts and prayers as they get through this difficult time.

Details on arrangements to follow once they're announced.

Last edited:
Rest Easy My Friend.

Taken from us too soon. We'll miss him. Rest in peace, brother.

It took my breath when I heard this news. He was an amazing example of the 'keep your head up and live your life' spirit that we would all do well to imitate.

RIP.

he will be missed by everyone who ever met him and many who don't even know who he was. Aaron would go to the end of the world for someone who needed his help, but never expected anything from others when he was in need. I can only hope that he knew the friends he had here would have done anything for him.

Aaron-- you will be missed.

Mark and I are going.

DrMoab is flying into Nashville and riding up with friends.

Anyone else from the SEC going?

DrMoab is flying into Nashville and riding up with friends.

Anyone else from the SEC going?

I would like to but cannot swing it. I'll miss his ribbin..... :(

Andy is driving up tomorrow I believe.

We'll either be heading up tomorrow afternoon or evening, depending on when Josh gets done with his race.

Edit: Also working on planning a Saturday Morning breakfast with Brad, Molly, Byron..etc at Aaron's favorite place in Columbus. I'll post details on that tonight.

Andy Bagwell?

Are people bringing their Cherokees?

What time will breakfast be? I think we are leaving early Saturday morning.

Hopefully we will have a Cherokee, although it may be stock.

Right now a few of us (myself, Clay, Josh, Brad & Molly, Tyler H, and Byron & Kim) are planning on meeting at:

Lincoln Square
2315 W. Jonathan Moore Pike, Columbus, IN 47201

We plan to be there at 9am to allow enough time to eat and head over to the funeral home. This was Aaron's favorite place in Columbus to eat, so we thought it fitting to go there.

If you would like to join, please post up so we can get a head count. We'll probably be calling ahead tomorrow evening to let them know, especially if there looks to be a lot of people coming.

Back