• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

it was a sign

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
i dont think the jeep gods were too happy with my decision to slap my RRC banner on my toyota. cause i just spend about an hour and a half slowly peeling tape off, and having to stick letters on multiply times. and it looks like crap and i wanting to do bodily harm to the banner.... but its all on there, it looks like crap and its off centered. but at least its on,

from a distance it looks good, you can only notice the "E" in red
IMAGE_310.jpg

north came out good for some reason
IMAGE_311.jpg

the "M" didnt go on good adn i had to stick the "E" on separate, in america
IMAGE_312.jpg

and the rest of the carnage
IMAGE_312.jpg

IMAGE_314.jpg

IMAGE_315.jpg

IMAGE_317.jpg

IMAGE_318.jpg

IMAGE_319.jpg

IMAGE_320.jpg

so im slightly annoyed at this, and its really only something wheling makes you feel better about. so i decided i would get on here and complain to you guys and have you flame me for putting a XJ oriented clubs' banner on a toyota. but there is a reason, and its because more people notice my toyota then they do my sleeper XJ and i wheel my toyota.

where in GA?

oh, ok i know where thats at, i think

that thing has bigger problems than a XXXXed up E

Maybe he was drinking some adult beverages brewed from that part of the Red flowing Georgia:confused1

You shoulda let a Mexican do the job for you TOI. Or at leasted asked me for tips. I've stuck stickers on glass hundreds of times. Big ones too. I take pics tomorrow.

Was the glass good and clean? Mine went on really easy. It looks like it wasn't adhering to the glass.

I guess that the next time I "install" one, I will shoot photos of how to do it right.

LOL I bet there was a wax-y or oily layer or something on the glass keeping it from adhering. Its best to clean the glass with alcohol, or some sort of solvent to make absolutely sure it is clean first. I did mine with some solvent on a cloth, then rewiped it with a fresh shop towel, and it stuck on there great. I had a couple small problems on mine because it stuck too good. LOL They aren't really noticeable at all though.

You shoulda let a Mexican do the job for you TOI. Or at leasted asked me for tips. I've stuck stickers on glass hundreds of times. Big ones too. I take pics tomorrow.
I thought that Mexicans could only put their last names on the back window? Lol. I need one of those stickers, but don't want to put it on my stock XJ.

Very true..... Is your XJ going to be stock forever?? Even if it is, you can still pimp the decal. And around here Mexican's only seem to be able to apply decals of their last name and/or the Virgin Mary. I ain't hatin though, Sparty, you can pimp the Virgin Mary on your ride if you want!

i've done it a billion times also, i just wasnt thinking and now its sorta messed up

Was the glass good and clean? Mine went on really easy. It looks like it wasn't adhering to the glass.
i cleaned the glass twice, but there are some scratches from rolling the rear window down in the middle, but that didnt give any problems

Peel it off. Buy another. Start over. Next time, clean the window with a razor blade first, cut the banner into 3 sections, and use a credit card (or your DL) to SLOWLY apply.

Other than that, it looks great on a Toyota product man!
im tempted to scrap it and start over again, i thought about segmenting it up, but i was naive and thought i could do it in one sweep if i did a wet install... which actually made it harder then if i did it dry.

and you where the only one to comment on it being on my toyota haha

Why not on a stock XJ? This is an XJ owner's club, not a strictly off-roading club. ;)

And you can buy them in the for sale section.

i would recomend doing so, it gives you stocker more horse power!

Very true..... Is your XJ going to be stock forever?? Even if it is, you can still pimp the decal. And around here Mexican's only seem to be able to apply decals of their last name and/or the Virgin Mary. I ain't hatin though, Sparty, you can pimp the Virgin Mary on your ride if you want!

I'm good bro. I pass on the stereotypical. I have my own swag.

i would recomend doing so, it gives you stocker more horse power!

yep...yep.....30 more hp from what I hear! I personally wouldn't know, my RRC banner is still sitting in the floor of my XJ. DG won't let me put it on her 'Kee and I refuse to put it on the FSJ. Maybe I'll get another XJ at some point and put it on that....

Back