• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meow...........

I gotta say, Yella... I'd skip any type of graphics, that flat black on white is pure sleeper cool. Why flaunt it when you know you've got it?

In high school I often dd'd for drunken friends as an athlete - one of my besties had a 68 stang, pure white, stockish wheels, 289 emblems... And a beastly built 390 under the hood. Much fun was had.

Last edited:
I gotta say, Yella... I'd skip any type of graphics, that flat black on white is pure sleeper cool. Why flaunt it when you know you've got it?

In high school I often dd'd for drunken friends as an athlete - one of my besties had a 68 stang, pure white, stockish wheels, 289 emblems... And a beastly built 390 under the hood. Much fun was had.

Because I'm not trying to get into street races with asshats caught up in bigger-dick displays of power just because they wanna try ya. I'd prefer they just nod respectfully and resist trying to find out what I'm running. "With great power comes great responsibility"........ ;)

I haven't seen anyone do it yet, but if someone wanted to have fun at the drag strip..... one could lose the Hellcat badges, hood and rear spoiler, paint the calipers black, put the front clip, emblems and hood from an '09-ish SXT Challenger on it and claim the whine from under the hood was a bad power steering pump...... then go blow some doors off at bandimere......

And telling me fictional stories of a mythical hot-rod ford does nothing for me......... :gag:

:D

Agreed. Debadged. Or plain.

I'm on the fence about the graphics..... it does look pretty damn good as is. I'm not a fan of the billboard graphics all down the side with some monster cat head or "Hemi" letters bigger than my arm.....

However, I don't get the de-badging thing. To each their own.

It's got the appropriate call outs I think it should have now. The angry cat head rear fender stripe is increasingly losing stride with me.

I guess time will tell. :thumbup:

Last edited:
And telling me fictional stories of a mythical hot-rod ford does nothing for me......... :gag:

Yeah, it didn't do much for a few 396 chevy owners either, puzzled how a 289 ate em up. :cheers:

Oh don't be mad. I think you took that was taken the wrong way. Just curious what kind of sixty foot you can command out of a machine like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh don't be mad. I think you took that was taken the wrong way. Just curious what kind of sixty foot you can command out of a machine like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sea level 60' times are around 1.2-1.7 seconds.

Mile high 60' in the 2.0-2.2 second range.

0-60 mph 3.7 sec. 3.4 sec. sea level.

Suffering a little driver's lament here recently.

First, the couple of small rock chips from the road trip. Expected. Shrugged those off.

Then, the door ding. Sucks but I suppose it was just a matter of time.

2 weeks ago, quarry truck hits a bump, dumps a shit-ton of pea gravel. Car ahead of me suffered the brunt, I was amazed I didn't have to replace the windshield... didn't actually hear anything hit..... get home, find that the lower chin area above the splitter got nailed. Grrr.

I make an appointment for Thursday to have the PDR guy look at the door ding hoping he can make it go away. Left a meeting in Golden Wednesday afternoon.... I see it coming... a large black something hurling through the air from the opposite side of C470.... I can't do a damn thing to avoid it.... WHAM right on the roof above the windshield. Get home, find a 2" diameter black mark and a quarter sized deep ding. :gonnablow

The PDR guy works his magic Thursday morning. Guy apologizes that he could only get "90%" of the ding out of the door and the roof still has a scuff that penetrated the clear that he can't do anything more with.

I'll be damned if I can find the door ding and the roof dent is invisible... the scuff looks like a hard water drip stain. Charges $110 for his 50 min of work.....BARGAIN. Freakin' guy is a miracle worker..... :D

Now, if I could only get the rock chips on the chin to disappear......

Wow Nice Hellcat troy, I just bought mine in July, not a Hellcat but I still love it. 2014 R/T Classic. I plan on getting rid of the chrome stuff and getting the matte black wheels and gas cap.

Last edited:
Damnit I feel ya on the imperfections. The ither day I drove my ta on a tire up road to be repaved and I literally let no one near my car

Nice R/T Ryan! These Challengers are a blast no matter the HP or trim. Just a great driver car all around.

You still working at CCPD?

Nice R/T Ryan! These Challengers are a blast no matter the HP or trim. Just a great driver car all around.

You still working at CCPD?

I agree, its a fun driver. I love taking it out on nice sunny days. No I left CCPD in 2013. I have been working for the Woodland Park Police Department since Oct 2013 and really like it. A lot more going on. I have since obtained another XJ as well and Im slowly trying to get it in good shape. I got a 2000 XJ and its my daily driver now.

Making room in the garage....... by using a portable garage. $1500 for an 18' dry van box on a heavy camper frame.

IMG_20160704_114216120_HDR_zpsfqrenknv.jpg

Added screened vents, a winch, platforms over the wheel wells, wheel chocks screwed to the platforms, $100 craigslist ramps, roof support for snow load, and roof seams sprayed with Flex Seal.

IMG_20160715_154425425_zpsh6ntgxdc.jpg

IMG_20160729_185835073_zps1b9iovy5.jpg

IMG_20160813_200742914_zpsfh1ttvlq.jpg

IMG_20160813_201202334_zps21m2jzxn.jpg

Probably been 10 years since Old Mary has been out of the garage.

IMG_20160818_131915687_zpsp4tj0v76.jpg

All clean......tires aired up, gas tank & battery removed.

IMG_20160818_143926590_zpstqkdy0nd.jpg

IMG_20160818_162329190_HDR_zpslrwmcqkt.jpg

Off to the storage lot......

IMG_20160818_165746047_HDR_zps8viu4gpg.jpg

Last edited:
Nice porta-garage for Old Mary, Troy! :cheers:

Yeah I couldn't believe my luck in finding this trailer. Most standard enclosed trailers this size are $6-8K. I was about to throw down $1800 plus $250 delivery for a 20' shipping container. I wasn't thrilled that those aren't mobile. This trailer isn't set up to haul a car but for my purposes, it just needed to haul it 12 miles to the lot and sit for a few years.

Buick........ lol.

I thought you were trying to get rid of the "lot"?

The (I have everything you would ever need to fix every XJ in the world)... "Lot"

Yeah....... I'd have to give up ALL the MJS and the MJ trailer. So unless other drastic changes occur...... I'll have to keep it.

Back