• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trough Trail June 5th.

fireLt.

NAXJA Forum User
Hooked up with another group that was doing Trough Trail Saturday. We did the optional spur of Trough Your Rocker and had 1 guy try the second optional spur in his TJ on 40's. He was denied, rocks too big, holes too deep and not enough traction. I was the the little rig of the goup on 35's. I spent a lot of time hung up and dragging my rock rails. Coming down Trough Your Rocker I almost flipped over forward. Nailed the gas and got it back on all 4's but popped a tire off the beed. Used the starting fluid trick to get it back on. It took us 3 hours to do the trail and 5 minutes to get back to the parking area (it's a loop).
It's a fun trail. Big rocks and lines that can be as challenging as you want. 2 Optional spurs that can be ran if you want. I wouldn't do it without lockers, winch, and rock rails. I would say minimum 33's.
Some pics
P1010300.jpg

P1010308.jpg

P1010313.jpg

Anyone ever see a Subaru on 37's and coilovers? This rig wheels awesome and is unique.
IMG_0420.jpg

P1010296.jpg

Ooops! Layed it over easy, broken widow and smashed door.
IMG_0444.jpg

That Subie is better known as the "Stupidru" over on CO4x4. Camp had/has it for sale..... Was Camp driving it? Or does it have a new owner? That is one helluva build. :thumbup:

Wish I coulda gone up with you guys in the Truggy - looks like a kick-ass trail.

Probably gonna hit up Spring Creek this next weekend - gotta get with my sister and see about when they wanna do it.

On a positive note, I did get the Truggy out of the back yard, awakend from it's winter slumber..... :thumbup: But I've got one really fawked up MTR....... sat too long flat and it wobbles something fierce on the road.....

Last edited:
It has a new owner.

A lot of the work on the TJ was done by our friends at TNT.

One thing about this trail is most of the rocks are loose. It's like wheeling on bowling balls.

Back