• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great air tanks for OBA

I dont see why you couldn't use them for CO2. You would have to find somewhere to fill it. You could always fill them off an air compressor, they have a valve in them.

I've seen york kits that put the york between the A/C and altinator. You put a new pully on the altinator that runs a v-belt and serpentene. Run a small v-belt from the altinator to the york.

I dont see why you couldn't use them for CO2. You would have to find somewhere to fill it. You could always fill them off an air compressor, they have a valve in them.

I've seen york kits that put the york between the A/C and altinator. You put a new pully on the altinator that runs a v-belt and serpentene. Run a small v-belt from the altinator to the york.

Just by filling off a regular compressor you're only gonna get around 150 PSI in a little tank. That wouldn't be much air to reseat a 35".

I've seen those kits, but I can't afford one of those. I've got a 44 to put in.:D

I want 2 of them, but the problem would be shipping. If these are still around when I graduate in Dec, I will let you know.

you could use it for prolly any gas that can be compressed. i'm using them for a fuel tank for a compressed natural gas conversion for a 77 corvette. it's for mtsu's alternative fuels program. why couldn't you make a bracket and mount the a/c pump under the power steering pump like the right side driver xj's used overseas and here by the postal service? it shouldn't hurt the pump to get soggy like it does the alternator....

what all would be needed to convert these o2 tanks into CO2 OBA?? do they need a new fitting on the valve or something for air hoses or anything of that nature??

i see you said the gauges/valve stay with them.

just wanted to see how much the overall install might be from purchase to using it before i got one...

obviously need:
an airline (if you dont already have one in the garage)
a way to keep it in its place (straps or holder)

I think the big problem is getting somewhere to fill them with CO2.

Many sporting good stores or paintball stores fill the smaller CO2. I wonder if they could handle something of that size and/or fitting. Then again if you had a quick change fitting like you would have for an airhose you could simply make an adaptor that would just click right in.

ask lil timmy where he got his filled. he has a co2 tank by powertank or something.

what about the valve fitting? can it be converted to take an airhose? i might take one just need to know if i can use it or not for co2, and not just a tank for a york.

alright, well set one aside for me. i will definitely take one, i don't know when i will be able to get it and if your out this way i will meet you but no rush for me as my rig wont need it for a tleast another month.

I'll take one of them Eric. Like Blake, no hurry on it. My Jeep is still "broke" too.

I'll take one of them Eric. Like Blake, no hurry on it. My Jeep is still "broke" too.

Your's is always broke. Must be operator error! :party:

Your's is always broke. Must be operator error! :party:

I like to think of my Jeep as a testing ground of all hard core off road products. If I can use them and have them NOT break or bend, then anyone who wheels with me would have the utmost in confindence should they use or buy that part.

That's my story anyways...:wow:

Back