• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Using it for a DD this week and enjoying that smoooth , quiet , non-oil- leaking engine while trying to get stuff done to my DD Toyota pu.

I increased the castor on my front axle.
Installed a new front long shaft and then replaced the hub.

Michael

I increased the castor on my front axle.
Installed a new front long shaft and then replaced the hub.

Michael

Didn't the Passenger side hub get replaced back in September?

Didn't the Passenger side hub get replaced back in September?

I have swapped hubs a total of 8 times since September ;)
I only do an oil change 1 time per year though.

Something seems to be a little off on my maintenance schedule :scottm:

Michael

I installed new front extended brakes lines from RE, took about am hour. Then I spent 4 hours bleeding the brakes and trying to figure out why they still aren't working correctly. I bet its something simple that I'm over looking. But I'm running out of patience.

I installed new front extended brakes lines from RE, took about am hour. Then I spent 4 hours bleeding the brakes and trying to figure out why they still aren't working correctly. I bet its something simple that I'm over looking. But I'm running out of patience.
Are the calipers on the right way, with the bleeder on the top?

The jeep got new plugs, cap & rotor, and u-joints today. I really hope I found the mystery noise I've been trying to track down.

P1010004.jpg

Are the calipers on the right way, with the bleeder on the top?

The jeep got new plugs, cap & rotor, and u-joints today. I really hope I found the mystery noise I've been trying to track down.

P1010004.jpg

I have an 18volt cordless electric grease for that!

Makes it more fun to grease stuff!!

Looks good, needs a little grease and good as new. I carry a couple of old U-joints with me incase I need them or for that trail repair when someone needs a cap for their front driveline so they can finish out the day and get back to camp in the Little Naches area . It does happen but not "2xstreme" ly often...

Looks good, needs a little grease and good as new. I carry a couple of old U-joints with me incase I need them or for that trail repair when someone needs a cap for their front driveline so they can finish out the day and get back to camp in the Little Naches area . It does happen but not "2xstreme" ly often...

you would be amazed at what dustin pulls out of his trail box :clap:

i put a full tank of gas in it.

Lets see, today I bench bled the bitch, and fixed the broken seat bracket.Maybe I will put my long brake lines on tomorrow........then i have to start thinking about finally putting my crown sye in and front drivelines. FUN FUN FUN!!!

I got some new window decals that I ordered in the mail today, and I'll put them on as soon as I get my Jeep out of the shop..... does that count as anything?

I'm sure Mojo would say it does :D

I should probably do that someday. Got pulled over yesterday for doing 6 over, and I'm pretty sure my speedo was right at 25.

Then I got hassled for having no mudflaps as well.

Went and bought Big Pete's D44. Turns out they are 3.07 gears so I'm going to have to regear to use them :(
The list of crap to do before NWfest is getting big.

Yesterday I installed some new coils in the front along with a new tracbar and a shackle in the rear. Also some new bilstein shocks for the front. The shocks made a world of difference for the front and the tracbar totally eliminated the bump steer and other horrible noises coming from the front end. Now Im trying to remove those studs from the tcase crossmember so that I can get the drop kit in there until I can afford an sye and new driveshaft. Then tommorow I will install my cool new shackle brackets so someone can pull me out of the crud. Assuming that this tcase drop ever gets in Im pretty sure Im gonna be done wrenching for a while

not much today... went and picked up Josh's old doors, tried to get the windshield out also, but gave up after about an hour. Swapped out my old tires for some temporary rollers (thanks Nick) till my new ones show up. Took the old ones to the shop to have em unmounted. Sunday i will be trimming the bottoms off all four new doors to clear the rocker replacements, then ripping out the rest of the interior, front seats, and whats left of the carpet.

Back