• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I pray to God that I'm wrong! (Seth "XJFire" Stanton)

Re: I pray to God that I'm wrong!

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. We disagreed on a thread, but respectfully. His words meant more because he was putting his money where his mouth was. I've been keeping track of him when he shipped off and wished him well. It was good to see his update recently with his pics. But now, the reality of war...

I would like to help in some way. I have a bad habit of bad timing though. If NAXJA does anything official count me in. I would be happy to give labor, money, or presence. Keep us updated, and maybe we can get a list going. His family might not have a clue who we are, but I'm sure they knew he loved his XJ. Maybe an official NAXJA letter with names of those that show support and flowers sent to the funeral??? It's the right thing to do something. God Bless our troops, and Seth's family.

planefixer said:
I'll make arrangements with a florist to have a bouquet sent to the funeral home on our behalf but like Ryan suggested, I'll wait a couple of days out of respect for his family.

Hopefully those psychos from Westboro Baptist Church and that honorless asshole Fred Phelps dont decide to show up to make things worse.

I think a contingent of XJs at the funeral might be well received. This is more than a stupid internet board, this is a club.

A Colorado 4x4.org member (Sound_Man - Curt) asked me to post this info. He works at Ft. Carson and got this info from the PAO:

There will be a formal military memorial service at Ft Hood. If there is a service in the Springs it will be one that is set up by his parents. I have been trying to find out if there will be a funeral here (in the Springs) or if it will be at Arlington or one of the other military cemetery's but I have not had any luck with that yet.

I will post back if I get more info.

I never met Seth, as I have actually met few of you all face to face, yet somehow I am more troubled by Seth's death than I typically have been by the frequent casuallties in Iraq and Afganistan, although each seems to strike home in its own way. Thanks to all of you who have served, and continue to. And thanks to all of you here who have the knowledge to do the legwork and figure out the best way we can share our grief, and celebrate Seth's life. If there are indeed some CS services, I for one plan to attend, whether as an anonymous "friend" or with a group from here....

Last edited:

Wow...my home PC crapped out and works been really crazy lately so I haven't been around much. This was the first thing I heard this morning. Pretty sh!tty to say the least. I was recently talking with him via PM. I have seen his XJ in Woodland Park on several occasions. After talking with him...it turns out that I've met his Grandad before. Seth was up here quite often visiting his Grandparents. His Grandad is a business owner here in town. Seth had a ton of pride in his XJ and I definitely think it would be appropriate for us to do something organized to celebrate his life.

Goodbye Seth. Thanks for your service.

-river

Man, what a shocker. Cool guy when I talked to him in chat a few times. Really enthuased about NAXJA. Never thought it would happen to someone in this club.

Rest in peace Seth. See ya when we get there. :patriot:

~Eli

DrMoab said:
X2. Lets to go to Colorado Shane.

Ryan, a few posts up there is investigation on when/where the funeral will be. If a funeral is held in Colorado Springs this week I'll take a day or two off work and head down. I have to be in California next week, but I would like to help represent NAXJA at his funeral.

I met Seth a couple times on the trails here in the Springs. He was a great guy and fun to wheel with. I am going to try to contact his family and see what they want to do and what their plans are. If they want to make it public I will share what I find out here as well as on colorado4x4.org.

We need to remember he has two families. Maybe we should think about doing something for his unit.

:tears:

Wow. That is awful to lose another soldier to this war.

:patriot: Thanks to Seth and his family for their huge sacrifice on behalf of all of us.

SHOCKER! like he posted up just a few days ago, and now this. I just keep reading it over and over. MAN not another one.

His Family and friends are in our thoughts.

Do keep us updated on a caravan for him or whats going on to remember the guy.

Honorary blue star for this guy.

half_mast.gif

Last edited:

There have been too many good young men and women lost in Iraq and elsewhere since and including 9/11. I don't know how much work is involved, but would holding a trail ride in their honor in Colorado named for Seth as a fundraiser of some sort be well received??

Never met this brave soldier that paid the ultimate sacrifice! My heart goes out to his family and friends.

RIP brother!! :patriot:

its hard to watch everyday more and more soldiers and sailors get put into C-17's out here. im out here now and not a day goes by that i dont see another fallen comrade ceremony. very sad...

Sound_Man said:
I am going to try to contact his family and see what they want to do and what their plans are. If they want to make it public I will share what I find out here as well as on colorado4x4.org.

Thanks Curt.Any help is appreciated.:thumbup:

Back