• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hydro assist

Gerr

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have somewhere in socal that can drill and tap the box for hydro assist? Anyone to avoid?

My YJ could use some help turning the 35's and now that im repairing the frame where the box mounts Id like to try and keep it from cracking again.

Tommy Lee, Lee Mfg, is in Sunland and they do everything steering. I don't know what they would charge just to drill and tap a box, but if they rebuild a steering box they charge $45 to drill and tap for a ram.

If you pull your steering box you might want to consider doing a upgrade to a YJ box, or the Durango. Something to think about.

pottenger said:
If you pull your steering box you might want to consider doing a upgrade to a YJ box, or the Durango. Something to think about.
it is for my YJ Im happy with the way my XJ build is coming though 32's and a lot of plating and more fun stuff. Im building the XJ for mild trail fun and desert running and it will Probly take a year or so for me to finish, but the Yj needs just the steering and a trans replacment (already ordered the new trans)

Sorry Dan, guess I missed the YJ part in the thread :dunce: Good luck with the project.

Back