• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

proracedriver616's "jeeplife" story

proracedriver616

NAXJA Forum User
So i have my dd car sold but i told the kid he cant pick it up till i find a new car to replace it, ive been looking at craigslist and autotrader, here, ebay, everywhere for the last 4 days and theres nothing good im finding out there. Does anybody here have a good condition xj they wanna sell for <4 grand that doesnt have a bazillion miles on it? I would prefer a 90-96 but i would turn away a good deal on a 97-01. 5 speed is prefered but ill take auto if i cant find anything else

seth

Re: where have all the good cherokees fs gone

I gave up on that search. still snowing = jeeps worth more apparently :dunno:

Its a joke. Alot of the douchers are trying to sell XJ's at damn near TJ costs. There is a white one (TJ) off platte for 5500, and it seems to be in decent shape. prolly same miles as all the XJ's too.

I would kinda stay away from the dealers if you lookin for a good deal. I picked up my 97 a few weeks ago for 1500 off craigslist. Had been for sale for awhile. needed a few things but nothing major. Good deals are out there.

I would kinda stay away from the dealers if you lookin for a good deal. I picked up my 97 a few weeks ago for 1500 off craigslist. Had been for sale for awhile. needed a few things but nothing major. Good deals are out there.

ive been scouring so feel free to share! I have never bought a vehicle from a dealer because they are so overpriced, but theres nothing very nice on cl right now. I'm trying to stay in the springs and surrounding area but if i dont find anything in town this week im gonna head up to denver to check out some this weekend.

Leiting always has 3-4 shiny XJ's for sale. I'm thinking they are his main money maker.

I think they are also. Please have any of them you look at from there looked over very well. Have seen a few at my work from there that look good but have some major issues.

'91-'01 Cherokees in good shape under $3K to $3,500 are never on Craigs for more than a day. Especially this time of year. Every "flipper" XJ I've sold seems to stir up a buyer war.....

Craziest one ever was a '98 Limited that I had to replace the engine in. It had ALL the options except heated seats, including the Up Country suspension and skids...... I put it at $4300 with 190K miles and eastern state rust issues..... had 40+ calls and e-mails in a 6 hour period....... :looney:

Best bet is to surf Craigs several times a day and find the time to call on/go see the good ones.

you'll end up paying more than you're comfortable with. the sooner you come to peace with that, the sooner you'll have an xj.

Just keep an eye out. I bought my new 97 a few weeks back for $1,800. Just have to look.

I'll sell you my white 96 Xj.
It's not really forsale.
But for around 2000$ obo I'd sell it.
Not too pretty on the out side but it runs and gets the job done!

Last edited:

'91-'01 Cherokees in good shape under $3K to $3,500 are never on Craigs for more than a day. Especially this time of year. Every "flipper" XJ I've sold seems to stir up a buyer war.....

Craziest one ever was a '98 Limited that I had to replace the engine in. It had ALL the options except heated seats, including the Up Country suspension and skids...... I put it at $4300 with 190K miles and eastern state rust issues..... had 40+ calls and e-mails in a 6 hour period....... :looney:

Best bet is to surf Craigs several times a day and find the time to call on/go see the good ones.

This.

Anytime I called on a lower milage one and tried to set up a time to see it, I was told there was already 6 people in line to buy it. People wouldn't even show me their Jeep. It was nutty. I lucked out and found a low milage one 10 minutes from my house, about 10 minutes after it was posted on craigslist. The sellers phone didn't stop ringing the entire time I was looking at it. Needless to say, she wouldn't budge on the price.

I'll sell you my white 96 Xj.
It's not really forsale.
But for around 2000$ obo I'd sell it.
Not too pretty on the out side but it runs and gets the job done!

could i see a couple pics and get a few more details please

I'm gonna be selling my 95 2 door soon, but I don't think its one of the "good" cherokees :D . It's got 214K, spray painted flat black( teal-ish green and was peeling bad on the roof) with no real prep beforehand. Interior is ok though and it runs good. Probably needs the balancer replaced too.

So i have my dd car sold but i told the kid he cant pick it up till i find a new car to replace it, ive been looking at craigslist and autotrader, here, ebay, everywhere for the last 4 days and theres nothing good im finding out there. Does anybody here have a good condition xj they wanna sell for <4 grand that doesnt have a bazillion miles on it? I would prefer a 90-96 but i would turn away a good deal on a 97-01. 5 speed is prefered but ill take auto if i cant find anything else

seth

I had this one for sale a week and a half ago. Sold it in two days:
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1078036

Back