• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wife’s 4Runner to Sequoia

collkid

NAXJA Forum User
3 years ago we bought this 4Runner for 4,200.
If you know anything about these, that’s a steal.
Had 145k.

f5474ca892657b40936ceb785ebdfb7f.jpg

2c874b9772574a39d72de140d0297ff1.jpg

We looovvveeedddd it. So quiet. Super reliable.

Probably was, it’s just too small.

So I started looking at the market and they sell for close to 6k with 185k miles on.

I honestly didn’t want to have to sell then go buy something new.

I happened to see a craigslist add where a guy wanted to trade for his sequoia.

Couple hours later, we made a straight trade.

073426392defdc525e7869355217b3ea.jpg

e5b0a9c9fc59650a7ba1eaf38cbec2cd.jpg

78b55b452b4a1920c7c74439a82a0961.jpg

We love the heated leather seats. DVD player. 3rd row. 4.7L v8. And it’s even getting better mpg than the 4Runner. Almost 17.

The only issue is some rust. I plan to sand it down and paint it.

5af4387e645e3ed075a75268f996943d.jpg

Also threw in some LED fog lights. Nice and bright and can turn them off when in traffic.

479410b71d7dd075be2e1ba6ee31cce5.jpg

More to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 4runner I'm flipping and it has rust on the underside....an insane amount of stupid, stupid rust. But I aint driving it and should make some coin. I'm just going to shoot some chassis saver on it. People just go nuts for them. I get they are reliable but fn a would it kill toyota to put something on the frame. I looked at a Tacoma once and the frame was literally brown swiss cheese. Granted it was cheap but it was insanely bad.

I have a 4runner I'm flipping and it has rust on the underside....an insane amount of stupid, stupid rust. But I aint driving it and should make some coin. I'm just going to shoot some chassis saver on it. People just go nuts for them. I get they are reliable but fn a would it kill toyota to put something on the frame. I looked at a Tacoma once and the frame was literally brown swiss cheese. Granted it was cheap but it was insanely bad.

Ya it all depends on where the car is from.

Agreed just not a lot of 4wd that are coming from az or CA. Anyways good find!

Today.

Picked up some 2018 4Runner wheels/tires for $100 from a friend. They look awesome!

696f0e2cd9c0ed1aff29eaf14928e3ee.jpg

0c5d064f2a2c904d52f13a1ccd735faf.jpg

Also. Switched all the interior lights to LED. So much better.

38b8ec92d6598c4cb1b00067e4f469a6.jpg

I’m liking this thing more and more, though I am finding a few things That need to be dealt with.

The AC is cold when moving, but warm at idle.
I got a recharge kit from Walmart, seems to have enough Freon, if anything, it might have too much. Can that cause this type of problem?

bfec6e405ffdc067db436c82d547f6b1.jpg

Yes, you can easily over charge it. If you don't have the proper equipment to do it pay a shop to do recharge it. It's usually about 150-200. Make sure your fan clutch is working good too, should be able to hear it kick on with how hot it's been lately

Make sure the condenser isn't blocked/clogged for airflow, and check to see that the radiator fan is working properly. Warm A/C at idle/not moving generally means there's an issue with the cooling system for the return freon side.

Yes, you can easily over charge it. If you don't have the proper equipment to do it pay a shop to do recharge it. It's usually about 150-200. Make sure your fan clutch is working good too, should be able to hear it kick on with how hot it's been lately

It never overheats and the fan seems to be functioning properly.

Make sure the condenser isn't blocked/clogged for airflow, and check to see that the radiator fan is working properly. Warm A/C at idle/not moving generally means there's an issue with the cooling system for the return freon side.

This could be possible. Can I shoot it with a pressure washer like at the spray and wash place?

This could be possible. Can I shoot it with a pressure washer like at the spray and wash place?

I'd first get a shop light or light source of some sort to drop behind the radiator and see if you can see light at the front real clear. If you see areas where light isn't shining through, use a strong air compressor and air chuck to blow out any debris while dry. Follow up with the pressure wash, but maybe remove the grill to give you better access.

Back