• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnages!!

Lost a rear coil on Friday, then had the truck slip off of a scissor jack (bit me a little bit) and then fell off the hi-lift after I got the wheel off. Fortunately nobody was injured and eventually we got it fixed with the help of a Badlands park patrol guy who was passing through.

Sunday I got my exhaust all bent up, hacked it off in front of the rear axle and tied it up with a wire, and then the wire broke. Then when I was loading it on the trailer I noticed one of my front axle-side LCA mounts is hosed.

Other than that just dinging up the body a little.

unlike mike i just smashed my gas tank but it did not leak.
i used to have rockers before sat.
i have a lot of rattling and clunking noises(yet to be determined)
o and it wont start currently sitting in kentland in.

Small dent in front bumper.**Tranny overheating, wouldn't hit past 2000rpm until it cooled down again.**Motor mounts are beat. Clutch fan is hitting the shroud under heavy load.**Probably some new scratches but that doesn't matter.**Really, nothing to complain about. Just stuff to fix.

well since i didnt bring my xj and was passenger the only minor damage I can see is the lump bruise on my shin from slipping of a rock trying to take pictures! :tears::roll:

Small dent in front bumper.**Tranny overheating, wouldn't hit past 2000rpm until it cooled down again.**Motor mounts are beat. Clutch fan is hitting the shroud under heavy load.**Probably some new scratches but that doesn't matter.**Really, nothing to complain about. Just stuff to fix.
Did you get that new bumper? You buddy took it and put it in your jeep. we were fairly sure you would find it there.

Broke a d60 stub shaft and warn lockout on the xjbuggypopcan.
My thanks to hdoffroad for the 60 hub nut, and i think 89eliminator for the jack stand

Baby jeep came away i think unhurt...

Still need to wash both...

mac 'maybe the biggest carnage was the proposal :) 'gyvr

Other than a few more miles taken from my already worn out clutch I made it out with no damage...

Yeah he had the blue rubicon with 33" MTZs, wheeled with Wade, Joe/Jim, and I. (with us at the beginning on friday)

Yeah he had the blue rubicon with 33" MTZs, wheeled with Wade, Joe/Jim, and I. (with us at the beginning on friday)

Ok, Now i know his screen name. That Rubi is nice!

New and improved aerodynamic body creases courtesy of 'Revs Run' and a lazy decision of not wanting to go into reverse on my part.

Smashed up rockers, broke rear upper shock mount, tree rubbage, clutch fan hitting shroud on heavy climbs, some more mysterious pops and squeaks..Almost lost a rear window, was flexing in pretty good..saved it though. I had a great time!

Broke off the CB antenna putting the Jeep in the garage - does that count as carnage??

:roflmao:

That's pretty funny!

Someone had to have a couples of carnages!! post what you had over the weekend!

to start with, here's mine...

-2 left side Dana turdy-five axle shaft which in result a 8.25C swap in the campground
-one wheel's lugstud holes enlargened and kept losing nuts (I actually lost the tire, it rolled for about 50 yards away)
-transmission fluid loss, not sure where its leaking from but i think its leaking from the input shaft seal.

We stopped on Sunday after you lost the tire and you were jacking it up.. glad to see you got er fixed up.. Congrats on the award Saturday night!

-Ripped the exhaust off the downpipe and smashed the tailpipe, then tore a hole in the fuel line from the filter to the tank

Wait for it . . .

-Ripped the exhaust off the downpipe and smashed the muffler, then tore a hole in the fuel line from the filter to the tank

-Popped the rear driveshaft u-joint on rockface thanks to some axle wrap that has also done a little flattening to the passenger leaf, which was most quickly replaced thanks to everyone there, including the $200 u-joint I got for free from the rough country boys.

Big thanks to Brian from HD Offroad for the ride to the quarry and getting greasy on a u-joint

Other than that, very pleased. The heep goes where you point it.

Lets see. Thursday I had a clip come off a cap on the front axleshaft. So I drove back to camp and replaced with a very used axleshaft. Wheeled on that most of Friday and replaced that one with one Tyler was nice enough to give up. Broke a tailight on orange due to backing up into a tree. Saturday, I don't think I broke anything.

My first rocker damage....really need sliders.

Lots of rubbing....need front bump stops and a little trimming.

Some crazy sounding coil spring noise that I don't know what is causing it.

Realizing I want to sell the 31's to get some 33's.

drove 3 hrs home with a bad vibration coming from the back. i was too tired to care. got home, found out that one of the strap bolts for the rear sdaft was missing. the others were loose. that was a close call..... just the way i like it.

Back