• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest 2019

Depending on the final schedule, I may or not be able to make it. I have 3 more friends getting married this summer + a couple bachelor parties to attend which means I already have several long weekends off requested but I could swing a Thursday night through the weekend or possibly that Thursday day through the weekend if Swamp Thursday to Saturday is the final schedule but either way I'm down for Shaver Lake area again, its nice down there!

Last edited:
We are talking about moving it to Rubicon /SR / Dv due to excessive snow. Swamp might not be open by early august

We are talking about moving it to Rubicon /SR / Dv due to excessive snow. Swamp might not be open by early august

Just my selfish opinion, I like this option better. Shaver Lake area is nice and all, but I'm constantly thinking if I have to drive that far I would rather go to Moab. We always have a great time on the Rubicon and at Hermit Valley.

Every year I follow the Sierra Fest thread and think about joining you Nor Cal folks for the event, but so far I haven’t been able to make it happen for one reason or another. I’m hoping this’ll be the year I can finally do it. It’ll depend on work issues that are largely beyond my control.

Last edited:
Every year I follow the Sierra Fest thread and think about joining you Nor Cal folks for the event, but so far I haven’t been able to make it happen for one reason or another. I’m hoping this’ll be the year I can finally do it. It’ll depend on work issues that are lategely beyond my control.

That would be cool !

Well, after consulting with the rest of the BOD, the decision has been made to change the location of this year's Sierra Fest from Shaver lake to the Rubicon/Hermit Valley. It's been a heavy snow year with the southern Sierra Nevada being 146% of average. Since Swap Lake is located at around 9000 feet of elevation, there is a good chance the trail won't be open on time. Therefore, we will be running the same format as last year, Rubicon Monday through Wednesday, a lay over day in South Lake Tahoe on Wednesday, then head to Hermit Valley on Thursday. The BBQ and raffle will be held at Hermit Valley Campground on Saturday evening.

Thank you for the update! I won't be able to take the whole week off.. but I'll put in for that Friday off to head up to Hermit Valley Thursday night for a long weekend!

Bump !!!

Tshirt design is done

03a118a614667f1b89cdf33908ad11e0.jpg

2ce5ac005de31a58ce0aec9fee16a14d.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome !!

And we will have all the vendors listed on the back !

I like it 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys just checking to see who is going to run the Rubicon all the way to Rubicon Springs the first day Monday. As of now the good spot next to the water hole is taken on Tuesday and Wednesday. If we would like to reserve the Dirty Dozen please let me know so I can reserve it before someone else does.

Guys just checking to see who is going to run the Rubicon all the way to Rubicon Springs the first day Monday. As of now the good spot next to the water hole is taken on Tuesday and Wednesday. If we would like to reserve the Dirty Dozen please let me know so I can reserve it before someone else does.

dude awesome. The issue with the dirty dozen is, with all the water this year. the crossing could be too high

I'm down for whatever. Last year dirty dozen was up to my sliders when i went

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Back